Knowledge on the Art of Natural Hair Upkeep - Appreciation Thread

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn

I've decided to allow my hair to grow so I could accentuate my natural tight curls - Black hair is GOAT - and I want to take the health of my hair serious by not just closing my eyes, reaching into my wife's hair products and grabbing some random shyt. :russ:

After speaking with her and going online and seeing how regular black people - especially black women - have really got this hair thing down to an art & science, I can only appreciate it. :mindblown:

You think hobbyist who collect pokemon cards can transform something that seems so simple into something so complex when they explain it? Talk to your wife, gf, sister or mother about the different products in their possession and the explanations of pH, acidity, hair types(e.i 3c, 4a, etc) and shampoos/conditioners/co-wash - it'll blow you away. :ooh:

Anyway, to the brehs & black women who know their shyt and can make the explanation of black hair sound like breaking down the theory of relativity...

Respect :salute:

I'm about to have people think I have natural juices and berries in my shyt. :whew:

Miles Davis

Prince of Darkness
Daps
Reppin
Bebop
Man I tried but I get too anxious growing my hair. Got me wondering how so many had afros back in the day, they must have been growing it out since birth.

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
You ain't got to be extra with all the oils and different shyt especially if you gonna be tasked to doing the shyt yaself in certain instances.

You can keep it simple like I did/do when I learned to take care of my own shyt. All I use is Dax Hair grease after I wash it with Selsun Medicated Shampoo and a sweet smelling conditioner if I got one on hand.

Clearing/untangling your hair before you wash it along with combing it out while it's wet/soapy helps in the final comb through when you blow-drying of you got a relatively thick mane like mines that's prone to tangling easy and fast, so get you a blunt, shower comb as well to help with that.