Kobe: “There are a couple of WNBA players who could play in the NBA right now”

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Yes that’s true the Spurs had a sustained run of success. But than Kawhi left, Pop is probably nearing retirement, and I don’t see another Duncan walking through through that door anytime soon.

And I couldn’t be happier

full

Goddamn this some powerful posting....:wow:

Motherfukk the spurs nikka....:pacspit:

full

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Eh idk and I feel a lot of people in this thread are exaggerating his point. Could all WNBA players play in the NBA? No. Would they be an all-star in the NBA? No. Could a woman's team compete with the men? No. Could a select few survive on an NBA team? Possibly. A player with a handle and a wet shot that is food on defense could survive. I mean that basically describes Quinn Cook.

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
Even as a Kobe fan I was ready to shyt on him for this. Then I listened to it a couple more times and parsed what he said. He said a few could play in the NBA (as in getting some limited minutes off the bench and shyt), not that they could start or dominate.

Kobe making sense and pandering at the same time :laugh:
tenor.gif

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Y’all gotta pay more attention to the words people say. He said they could “play” in the NBA. He didn’t say start. He didn’t say make the all star game. He didn’t even say they’d average 5 points.

15 people on a roster with 30 teams. Yea I think the 3 best players of the last decade could fill out a roster and score some points

PHamm

Superstar
Daps
Not being able to produce a son has really been fukkin with Kobe's head.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Whatever to keep the peace in the house full of ladies :mjgrin:
They are great athletes in their own right but I don't see it happening

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
there are plenty of nikkas in the g league, overseas, etc. Who can give you that.

y’all are really diminishing how much it takes to be in the NBA. :scust:
There are plenty of g leaguers and overseas players who play or have played in the league :manny:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
I remember when this was the narrative for Luka :mjgrin:

You ain't gotta be athletically gifted to flop all over the place :childplease: I know there's some girl in the WNBA that can at least give you more night in and night out than KCP
Luka is an All-Time great in the making.

KCP is averaging 10 points on 42% 3PT and busts his ass on defense. Stop it.

These women would be completely physically overmatched and overwhelmed with the disparity of strength in the NBA. They would struggle to get their shots off with the contests and closeout speeds in the NBA. They wouldn’t blow by anyone first step not quick enough and not strong enough. They play with a smaller ball.

I advocate for women’s basketball but it’s a joke to think any woman can play at the NBA level.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I remember when this was the narrative for Luka :mjgrin:

You ain't gotta be athletically gifted to flop all over the place :childplease: I know there's some girl in the WNBA that can at least give you more night in and night out than KCP

KCP would look like Dwyane Wade in the WNBA