Konami Anniversary Collections: Contra, Castlevania, Arcade (All Out Now) (Switch/PS4/XBox/Steam)

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Almost copped then I saw those trash Castlevania 1 graphics

Sickening

Pass

PS5

Wiz a 1/2 seed right now ya dig Tekashi1223
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
U

I feel you but the emulation isn't 1:1. Even when it's acceptable or good it ain't 1:1.

Theres a certain feel to the way the sonic games handle on a Sega Genesis with the Sega controller. Same with super Mario Bros, contra, Mike Tyson punch out etc on nes, same with some games on snes. Playing playstation ports aren't the same.

I've been playing contra all night, and while I'm in the middle of super contra arcade version I can tell you right now the controller for the nes port while acceptable, wasnt true. If you never played on the true systems it probably don't matter but I have and I understand the difference.
Your post resonates with my inner OG and I do understand... I miss my old max controller :to:
:stopitslime:that's the arcade version, and no it's not better than the NES version.

Next you'll tell me Turtles in time arcade is better than the SNES version.
Narc arcade was better than the nes port too :umad:

DataEast games was the shyt tho, Bad Dudes :banderas: did they evolve into SNK because I'm linking the art styles...

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Narc arcade was better than the nes port too :umad:

DataEast games was the shyt tho, Bad Dudes :banderas: did they evolve into SNK because I'm linking the art styles...

Narc was better in the arcade, like the majority of arcade to home ports...but NES contra, double dragon 1/2, super c, snes turtles, genesis golden axe > their arcade versions

nah Data East was always their own shyt until they died

PS5

Daps
Reppin

PS5

Daps
Reppin
U

I feel you but the emulation isn't 1:1. Even when it's acceptable or good it ain't 1:1.

Theres a certain feel to the way the sonic games handle on a Sega Genesis with the Sega controller. Same with super Mario Bros, contra, Mike Tyson punch out etc on nes, same with some games on snes.
This post continues to haunt me. I don't give a shyt about the preciseness of emulation right, punk ass p*ssy shyt. But I was a high level gamer as a kid, I know and miss the feeling of playing Mario with accurate controls. The weight of Mario, you could feel it just how Madden added weight to the controls during the PlayStation era. Doing the 1-up trick today on an emulator is difficult. I used to do that in my sleep.

I'm flashing back to the first time I played Mario.. people's drug (think Walgreen) beacon mall. They had a few arcades and one was a Nintendo cabinet that had Mario and donkey Kong as the options. I remember the weighted feel with the arcade stick too :to:

I guess I gotta hunt down a Nintendo. Mine was stolen during a move about 10yrs ago...

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This post continues to haunt me. I don't give a shyt about the preciseness of emulation right, punk ass p*ssy shyt. But I was a high level gamer as a kid, I know and miss the feeling of playing Mario with accurate controls. The weight of Mario, . Doing the 1-up trick today on an emulator is difficult. I used to do that in my sleep.

:salute: real recognize real. This is exactly what I'm talking bout