Kotaku editorial: Sony killed the Vita

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I love the Vita. It's not successful overall but I love it because it's just sleek, comfy and convenient for indie games. My fave handheld of all time next to the DS.

cfountain

Wavy Like A Lake
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
I love the thing and I still play the hell out it.

Games are gonna keep coming from Japan tho because, as stated, it actually found a niche in Japan. Japanese games, PS1/PSP games and Indies will keep me happy but you can't help but think about the wasted potential. Best handheld ever but didn't get the support:mjcry:

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
Basically greed and idiocy.

Zone of the Enders, Final Fantasy Tactics, and other lesser known but cult classic Playstation games could have saved the Vita and put pressure on Nintendo.

No.

Vita was doomed once it lost Monster Hunter(The franchise that pretty much saved the PSP and helped it get more support) to 3DS. Also, Vita already has a bunch of cult classic games. Zone of the Enders will not move the needle.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
No they didn't the Vita is a concept with a niche audience. Most people don't want a console experience on the go. That's what the Vita was designed to be.

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
The vita wasn't successful because I never owned one. It's as simple as that.

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
Still think Sony needs to step up it's 'classics' department and finally drop ACTUAL Classics other than the few that's trickled in over the years. I'd actually risk fukking with the arserape memory stick prices if they had games such as Brave Fencer Musashi, Einhander and Star Ocean 2 amongst others on there. My bro has one and It's awesome seeing him play games like Tactics Ogre, FF Tactics and Grandia, but the laundry list of shoddy games they created while neglecting to try and get other classic titles that sold on the psx-2 was just disheartening.

Black Cac

neg me if you love white women
Daps
Still think Sony needs to step up it's 'classics' department and finally drop ACTUAL Classics other than the few that's trickled in over the years. I'd actually risk fukking with the arserape memory stick prices if they had games such as Brave Fencer Musashi, Einhander and Star Ocean 2 amongst others on there. My bro has one and It's awesome seeing him play games like Tactics Ogre, FF Tactics and Grandia, but the laundry list of shoddy games they created while neglecting to try and get other classic titles that sold on the psx-2 was just disheartening.
Star Ocean 2 is coming to vita and ps4 soon. Its already on psp tho.