Kyrie Irving opts in.... Will stay with Nets

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
Knew he wasn't going anywhere, Nets will be a contender next year with everyone healthy and get their chemistry rolling. Nets'll bring him back after, why blow this thing up this fast?

Why come back when the nets obviously don’t want to commit to him long term though?

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Kyrie is never getting a long term max deal in the NBA ever again

I still think there’s a sliver of hope the nets max him but he would have to have a flawless year…no injuries, no “distractions” on his part, put up some numbers and lead/help lead this team deep into the playoffs…this nikka tho will probably be a pain in the ass by december

distinguishedNOW

THIS MY GOTDAMN HOUSE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wake.
I wonder if KD lowkey mad Kyrie's sabotage attempt didn't work and now he don't have the excuse to bail out from this clusterfukk of a situation.

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
Why come back when the nets obviously don’t want to commit to him long term though?
If the Nets are good this year and go on a deep playoff run, they won't really have a choice to commit to him. He wants to come back because of the bread and playing with KD/being a contender.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why not look to do a sign and trade ?

it’s been said several times…no one is renting flaky ass kyrie for one season especially knowing they’re not willing commit to giving him the money he wants bcuz he’s proven time and again he’s not capable of committing to any team…so do a sign and trade just for him to decide he wants to go somewhere else when the season is up cuz he’s not gonna get his way? dude played himself lol