Ladies: Can You Date a Bruh Who Simply Cannot "Dress" Up to Your Standard?

Zone4InYoDoe

Rookie
Daps
I know some bruhs didn't have parents or people around to teach them how to come correct but there's magazines for that shyt after a certain age when he's able to buy decent attire...however, if you're more into style or stick with a certain trend (preppy, classic, designer, vintage etc) and your dude just be throwing on dope man Nikes, grey sweats and a grey Polo t-shirt thinking that's a "look" (especially over the age of 30) and y'all look mismatched as all hell whenever you go out unless YOU dressed him...

Like is that shyt worth arguing about...I'm not petty per se' but...I like a cat with a lil' flava or some swag...ain't gotta be all Diddy with it but damn...can a sista get a lil' GQ from time to time?

/rant

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
This shyt kills me in department stores when I see women go into the dressing room with their men to see their outfits.

Like did you forget how to dress yourself?

Did your mom dress you your whole life until u got in a relationship?

I understand if it’s a wedding or some event need coordination. But for real my mom stopped buying my clothes at like age 12

SeveroDrgnfli

Ain't nobody tryin to get indicted.
Daps
Reppin
Always
I know some bruhs didn't have parents or people around to teach them how to come correct but there's magazines for that shyt after a certain age when he's able to buy decent attire...however, if you're more into style or stick with a certain trend (preppy, classic, designer, vintage etc) and your dude just be throwing on dope man Nikes, grey sweats and a grey Polo t-shirt thinking that's a "look" (especially over the age of 30) and y'all look mismatched as all hell whenever you go out unless YOU dressed him...

Like is that shyt worth arguing about...I'm not petty per se' but...I like a cat with a lil' flava or some swag...ain't gotta be all Diddy with it but damn...can a sista get a lil' GQ from time to time?

/rant
You're not petty you just don't like dusty or basic men. It hurts my soul to see a fly ass girl with a basic dude. I feel obligated to shine my light on her. I have a question for you: If you're with your dude and a charming wavy nikka pulls up will you entertain him? Will you lower your standard for looks if the guy is charming, stylish, and not a bum?

I'm a stylish dude and I can't date a girl who's not flier than me.

Last edited:

Catz

Rookie
Daps

/rant

I really tried to look past my ex's style but I just couldn't. That wasn't the reason we split but his style, or lack there of, did not make things better.

Example Outfit #1: Black Ed Hardy style shirt, creased bootcut jeans, black and purple Jordans.

Example Outfit #2: Rastafarian Bob Marley shirt, camouflage shorts, and those black and purple Jordans.

If he acknowledged that he had quirky style then I definitely would not have had a problem with it. It was the fact that he thought he was a real deal fashionista and everything he put on should have been featured in GQ is what turned me off. Your feelings are valid in wanting your partner to have decent fashion sense.