Ladies I Have A Very Important Dating Question To Ask...

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
How do the coli brehettes feel about going dutch? :jbhmm:

I mean think about it, if this is the first date and I don't know you like that. Why am I paying for your food? It's one thing if we've been rocking for awhile but I personally don't feel I should pay for a woman's meal if this is the first date. I'll be a gentlemen now and make sure I pay for the tip or even the tax and gratuity but paying for the meal seems ridiculous in the beginning and can set a man up to be a sucker.

I don't know, am I tripping? Let me know if I'm tripping ladies and if you disagree let me know why. I only bring this up for sake of discussion. Brehs feel free to chime in too.

Last edited:

killacal

Banned
Daps
Hey wanna go on a date:queen:

Except that's you saying that and not her:mjcry:

Date brehs:picard:

Rawhigh

Banned
Daps
Personally, I would dislike going dutch, especially on a first date. I'd feel as though the guy isn't putting his best foot forward. Also, to me, it would be an indication that he probably wouldn't be willing to be a provider, in the future, if it was necessary. This may seem like a lot to assume just from a tab, but it's just how I feel. Because of some things in my upbringing, finances when it comes to men is very important to me, I'm sure some feel differently, though. I would offer just to be polite, but I would hope the guy would cover it lol. For me, it all boils down to wanting to feel taken care of, even if I can provide for myself.

Guvnor

Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Hey wanna go on a date:queen:

Except that's you saying that and not her:mjcry:

Date brehs:picard:

You don't ask women on dates? What's your process? Sure you don't ask all girly like that but theirs a way to do it.

Who ever asks pays.....if she wanted to b invited out on a date n going dutch she probably would have initiated the invitation.
Understandable, that make sense. So if she asks you to accompany her to lunch then it's okay to go dutch?
Personally, I would dislike going dutch, especially on a first date. I'd feel as though the guy isn't putting his best foot forward. Also, to me, it would be an indication that he probably wouldn't be willing to be a provider, in the future, if it was necessary. This may seem like a lot to assume just from a tab, but it's just how I feel. Because of some things in my upbringing, finances when it comes to men is very important to me, I'm sure some feel differently, though. I would offer just to be polite, but I would hope the guy would cover it lol. For me, it all boils down to wanting to feel taken care of, even if I can provide for myself.

Lol Serious question, What does money got to do with putting your best foot forward though? I thought manners, respect, chivalry like pulling a woman's chair out and the connection mattered more, especially on a first date. I understand this is how you were raised and that paying shows a man can take care of a women and provide but look at the old traditions. Many women back in those days would stay with a man till he died though they were miserable and they did so for the sake of family. They also used to wait until marriage before they had sex in a lot of the old tradition.

With that said it's a different day and age and I think some of the rules should change. I mean look at it from a males perspective, these days dating is not as much a thing as it was and some people just hook up and have sex then end up having a child they didn't plan for. Plus with IG and social media thotting is at an all time how and their are women who use men for their dough. With that said, logically, if I don't know a woman that well and she is a stranger why should I pay for her meal? I feel it shouldn't be about the woman I'm dating getting a free meal off the first date but us getting to know one another. It's one thing if we hit it off right away then maybe the second date I'll pay but on the first? Seems kinda foolish and like a tradition that logically makes no sense.

sanityovar8ted

OG Moma Coli....dat bytch Thowd!!!
Daps
Reppin
OAK CLIFF TX
You don't ask women on dates? What's your process? Sure you don't ask all girly like that but theirs a way to do it.

Understandable, that make sense. So if she asks you to accompany her to lunch then it's okay to go dutch?

Lol Serious question, What does money got to do with putting your best foot forward though? I thought manners, respect, chivalry like pulling a woman's chair out and the connection mattered more, especially on a first date. I understand this is how you were raised and that paying shows a man can take care of a women and provide but look at the old traditions. Many women back in those days would stay with a man till he died though they were miserable and they did so for the sake of family. They also used to wait until marriage before they had sex in a lot of the old tradition.

With that said it's a different day and age and I think some of the rules should change. I mean look at it from a males perspective, these days dating is not as much a thing as it was and some people just hook up and have sex then end up having a child they didn't plan for. Plus with IG and social media thotting is at an all time how and their are women who use men for their dough. With that said, logically, if I don't know a woman that well and she is a stranger why should I pay for her meal? I feel it shouldn't be about the woman I'm dating getting a free meal off the first date but us getting to know one another. It's one thing if we hit it off right away then maybe the second date I'll pay but on the first? Seems kinda foolish and like a tradition that logically makes no sense.
Yes....cuz 1st dates r about making good impressions n going dutch wont b a good 1

Guvnor

Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Yes....cuz 1st dates r about making good impressions n going dutch wont b a good 1
Why not? Why can't my impression be my character and charm or my endearing qualities?

Why my money has to be part of the impression. It's one thing if I'm with a girl for a long time and am in a position where we live together and I have to provide. It's one thing if it's her bday and I get her a gift, but on the first date? Some women would take that impression that you have money and then take advantage cause they never been with someone who had. Next thing you know they never pull their own weight and you end up miserable and divorced :mjcry:You got to set a standard that she got to put something on the table too.

Last edited:

sanityovar8ted

Daps
Reppin
OAK CLIFF TX
Why not? Why can't my impression be my character and charm or my endearing qualities?

Why my money has to be part of the impression. It's one thing if I'm with a girl for a long time and am in a position where we live together and I have to provide. It's one thing if it's her bday and I get her a gift, but on the first date? Some women would take that impression that you have money and then take advantage cause they never been with someone who had. Next thing you know they never pull their own weight and you end up miserable and divorced :mjcry:You got to set a standard that she got to put something on the table too.
Smh u youngstas lol what does money hafta 2 do with it¿¿¿ u can go on a cheap inexpensive 1st date that u pay 4 and make a better impression. Dates dont hafta b all about the money n if a chick is all about ur money after a 1st date b glad she revealed her true self n that u dodged a bullet.

Guvnor

Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Smh u youngstas lol what does money hafta 2 do with it¿¿¿ u can go on a cheap inexpensive 1st date that u pay 4 and make a better impression. Dates dont hafta b all about the money n if a chick is all about ur money after a 1st date b glad she revealed her true self n that u dodged a bullet.

So if you go on an inexpensive date why can't she still put up her own bread. It should be easier for her to pay. :gucci: You mean to tell me if I take a girl out for coffee or some shyt she can't put up her own bread? I don't feel that makes a bad first impression tbh bro.

sanityovar8ted

Daps
Reppin
OAK CLIFF TX
So if you go on an inexpensive date why can't she still put up her own bread. It should be easier for her to pay. :gucci: You mean to tell me if I take a girl out for coffee or some shyt she can't put up her own bread? I don't feel that makes a bad first impression tbh bro.
But y does she hafta paycwhen u the 1 who asked her out¿¿¿

Guvnor

Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
But y does she hafta paycwhen u the 1 who asked her out¿¿¿
That's why I said that was a good point you brought up early. If she invites you out which more and more women are doing in this day and age where they make the first move then you could do dutch but if you ask her out maybe then it's best you pay.

At the same time I don't feel a man should let her pay the whole thing if you just getting to know her. Then I would feel like a bytch lol.

Ms.CuriousCat

All Star
Daps
If I were a guy first date would be cheap, coffee and a walk, maybe add a slice of cake, a walk and ice cream, I wouldn't spend any more than that. BUT definitely pay.

If she's engaging enough, interesting enough, worth the effort then maybe go out to eat and because he'd paid the first time she should feel obligated to contribute somehow to the cost of the second date.

Maude

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Midwest
it depends on the woman I've encountered all these scenarios
Woman refuse to let me pay for her meal, We agreed to go dutch,She payed, and, I was expected to pay.

The only time I was expected to pay was when I asked them out. Some girls wouldn't mind picking up the check for me.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
Its all a farce, old heads were indoctrinated to "pay first because you're the man" on some 40-50's sexist tip. And now try to justify by saying its "manly" or the "right" thing to do. When I think about all the simps who came out of pocket for a broad who was gonna leave em with a mean case of dry dikk and blue balls, I always chuckle.

Simple enough; Be awesome, be agendaless, be gone. Not only is the tactic fool proof, its free. First dates should be based around personalities and seeing if yours match, not who's footing the bill. We all want sex, no need to hide it behind some false sense of chivalry.