Ladies, when did you become confident?

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
Women have it hard (brehs stfu before you even begin to refute this, you have no idea).

There's a lot of pressure to be the impossible at all times: smart, naturally beautiful, sexy but not too sexual, strong, uncomplaining, THE support system, forgiving of all things, motherly, and for the last few generations add accomplished to the list. Whew! Its very easy to feel less than and unfortunately, too many women live much of their lives unsure and lacking confidence.

For those of you who have found a way to maneuver life's pressures while holding your head high and feeling like royalty please share your story.

When did you become a confident woman and what was your journey?

Do tell...
Is baking cookies that hard:mjgrin:

:troll:

Ms.CuriousCat

All Star
Daps
I've come to accept that for me confidence is not a destination or something I can just tick off. It's like temperature it goes up and down. There are things that trigger an upward movement in positive thoughts and emotions and others that increase self doubt and anxiety.

Sometimes it feels like it's on a monthly cycle and each time I identify new triggers :francis:

There was a time when I thought I had to be perfect (smart practically genius, confident practically unshakeable, always get it right and always be a success).

Accepting that I'm not perfect and don't have to be was a big step...whereas before my confidence was outward like armor protecting me... I think now it's a lot more honest and more to do with the inward strength that comes from self acceptance and trust. I have a pretty decent long term relationship with me :hug:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I wouldn't say I'm confident, but more so, I don't care. I have a certain set of responsibilities and goals I want to achieve and I can't be out here second guessing or worrying about what others think. I do worry sometimes about not being good enough for certain things, but if that happens I try to redirect my focus back to what I need to take care of.