NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town

This was fantastic! I went in blind, not knowing anything, and it was such a pleasant surprise. I laughed, I teared up, and it made me reflect on my own relationship with my parents and how I relate to the world in general. It has the same sort of dry witted humor as ‘Juno’, only it’s more authentic and doesn’t try as hard to be cool. There are some actually very uncool things that happen, and the protagonist isn’t so smart and witty to the point of irritation, but she has serious flaws that make you dislike parts of her. But the writing is so nuanced that you can’t help but see parts of her in everyone. By the end, I was completely in love with her. Saoirse Ronan is great in this role. Between this performance and her performance in Brooklyn, she’s becoming one of my favorite new actors.

Anyway, it’s a two thumbs up for me. I'd give it a 9/10 because there were a couple of pretentious "Juno" moments, but overall, I highly recommend.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I saw the preview like 3 times at the indie theater I always go to, but it looked too much like a lot of indie movies I've seen, two related character throwing ironic remarks at each other, with a really thin plot, and dysfunctional relationship at the heart of the movie. It must have some good qualities though, to be so highly praised.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
This is normally more the job of @FlyRy but this movie is the "freshest" movie on Rotten Tomatoes ever, sitting at 100% with a collective 185 reviews compared to previous record holder Toy Story 2 which sat at 100% with "only" 163 reviews.

I always knew my girl Greta Gerwig had next, but who would've thought it would be as a writer/director instead of as an actress? :wow:

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
My homie gave this a 10/10 and I know it's because of the rotten Tomatoes score :wow:

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
saw this movie over the weekend and it was amazing. 10/10 from me. Saoirse did a great job as the lead. those intense and devastating scenes with her mom had me feeling for her:mjcry:

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Watched this since there wasn’t much out and outside of the editing I enjoyed it.

Saoirse gave a great performance along with Laurie Metcalf.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
Anybody else see the title and think this was about Hank Hill's dog?

12387_11_full.jpg

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Did not like it.

Chaotic editing. No memorable characters. Boring.

Tough to give a shyt about a coming of age movie when the lead character is uninteresting.

Only good scenes were the boyfriend asking her not to tell his secret, trying on the prom dress, and mom finding out about the wait list