Lagos, Nigeria is Crazy (Largest City in Africa - 25 Million People)

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
Racism / Race Baiting
Fun fact: Over 60% of the population in Lagos live in hand made shanty town squatter slums like this

_111110276_okoagbon1.jpg

640px-Makoko_auf_dem_Wasser_%285209071096%29.jpg

Before anyone comes in here touting Nigerian inequality *ahem* I mean, excellence :mjpls:

RaspberryFitted

Boyz In Motion Member
Daps
Reppin
G-Co
I wonder if I would be able to blend in outta curiosity as a Black American.

Like would someone that looks like Will Smith but wears what they wear and keep his mouth shut be convincing enough to think he was a native :ohhh:

You wouldn’t. They would know immediately you aren’t from there.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think Tokyo is the largest city in the world but technically Tokyo is a massive area. So by population density it's not as bad as other places.

Lagos does rank high in density though. Maybe not as bad as Manila or Mumbai, but it's not good.

RaspberryFitted

Boyz In Motion Member
Daps
Reppin
G-Co

(source: from my Mother, who spent the first 23 years of her life in Cross River)

First off, accent/language Thanks to the British :francis: most Nigerians know English but certain parts of the country have their own language.

second, traditions. On Christmas, are you telling me you wouldn’t be geeked out or ask someone questions about this:

that’s the Ekpe Masquerade. Saw one at a Nigerian Convention they had here in Atlanta. They’re harmless and nobody is suppose to know who’s inside.

Now Ekpo :francis:

My mom told me only men were allowed to see them & would chase women down.

TLDR/My Point: there’s too much culture and tradition for you to keep it cool.