Laker fan... Will the Lakers celebrate Lebron reaching 40,000 points tonight?

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Another record, another L.....sums up the Lebron Lakers experience.

Just pad them stats for no reason other than to try and fill the void of 6 championships
It's not stat padding, especially the last two years, because every point he's scored, we've needed.

But these moments of his are not really that enjoyable because they've resulted in a loss. Same thing happened when he passed Cap last season.

Five years ago, I would have no problem with being called a LeBron hater. Kobe dying changed how I look at basketball. I'm still a fan but I'm far from a hater. Only player I hate these days is Ben Simmons :heh:

But it's hard to truly enjoy these moments when ultimately we end up losing, especially when you take into consideration that every move made to make the team better is done to enhance his abilities. For whatever reason, these other dudes just ain't really played worth a damn this season.

Daps
There is a difference though. Mahomes is clearly a better player than Brady. Some people are just waiting for his accomplishments to catch up. There is not much separating MJ from Lebron as individual players.
Aaron Rodgers was better too from a talent standpoint but 1-ring wasn't enough to close that gap. Didn't have the clutch gene. Honestly Rodgers reminds me of Bron but if Rodgers had more playoff success.

MJ vs Bron never made sense as a comp because Bron (to me) is the continuation of Magic Johnson. Midwest kid, wins state title in H.S., has early success in the league and shows acumen on the business side. Oversized PG that can score but is pass-first at heart. Very competitive but not in the crazy/psycho MJ/Kobe mold. Versatile and can be deployed in a lot of different ways because of the 6'8"/6'9" frame. They both try to be tough guys but are really just nice dudes with a STRONG competitive streak.

Juggalo Fred

Juggalo and horrorcore enthusiast
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Juggalo island
The gap between MJ and Bron isn't that big.

Think about how even though Brady has 7 rings/10 SB appearances, tops in wins and a bunch of volume stats......we're talking about Mahomes possibly already about to surpass TB12. Folks think Mahomes only needs 3 or 4 rings to be GOAT.

Meanwhile, even if Bron had 5 or 6 rings right now, it'd be tough to get 50% of hoop fans to call him LeGOAT. The bar for Mahomes is low because we want him to pass TB12 but the bar is higher for LBJ because either we want Mike to stay GOAT or don't like Bron enough to put him in that spot. Narrative is everything.

Tom Brady has been directly suspended for cheating once and his coach was caught spying on opponents twice (2007 and 2019). That's why we can start putting Mahomes above Brady.

Mj and lebron is very close