Lakers' Anthony Davis says he's NBA's best defender, but won't win DPOY because 'the league doesn't like me

PatCake

Alkali Nonmetals
Daps
Reppin
I, for one, welcome our new space overlords.
The NBA announced the three finalists for every award on Sunday, and Rudy Gobert, Victor Wembanyama and Bam Adebayo made the cut for Defensive Player of the Year. Perhaps the most notable name excluded from that group is Los Angeles Lakers big man Anthony Davis.

In the aftermath of that reveal, Davis expressed his dismay to ESPN.

"I'll never get [Defensive Player of the Year]," Davis said. "They're not giving it to me. The league doesn't like me. I'm the best defensive player in the league. I can switch 1 through 5. I can guard the pick-and-roll the best in the league, from a big standpoint. I block shots. I rebound.

"I don't know what else to do. I'm over it. I'm just going to do what I got to do to help the team win and try to play for a championship. Accolades and individual awards, I'm done with those."

Last edited:

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
nba-finals.gif

:why:Maaaan..

f49ae7b5-26da-4904-b9f3-839073a954f9_text.gif

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
AD lost all that mystique he had coming out of New Orleans..if he would have played one more season like he did after the bubble season he would be seen as one of the best..now people think that season was a fluke he can’t play at that level consistently
It doesn’t help that he’s arguably been surpassed by both Jokic and Embiid

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
The only people that like Gobert reside in Utah and Minnesota. The national audience has seen maybe 4-5 games of him this season, and since they probably started at 10:30 est, most haven’t at all.

Y'all in LA get all the publicity, all the FAs and ring chasers, all the goddamn foul calls, all the endorsements. You’re not in the running for an award and all of a sudden the NBA don’t like you. nikka please. Bron turning this man into a hoe

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
AD lost all that mystique he had coming out of New Orleans..if he would have played one more season like he did after the bubble season he would be seen as one of the best..now people think that season was a fluke he can’t play at that level consistently

he's been cool being the "sidekick" the entire time he's been in LA