Lamar's Legacy Tracker...

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I've seen more from Brock the last two weeks than I've ever seen from Lamar in the playoffs. Brock very easily could've been part of the reason the 9ers lost either game, and yet he made quite possibly the biggest plays for his team to win both games. Purdy is mentally tough in a way its apparent Lamar isn't, and way less diva-ish and emotional...

If Purdy's abilities ever improve, his ceiling is high because he certainly has the resiliency and fortitude to play in these games. He ain't gonna win em all but he's already showing that you can't count him out...

You can count Lamar out if he's down...
You're not wrong...

However, I'd say upon further thought we're not being complete with Lamar.

The ultimate difference in the game (outside of coaching) was the Chiefs had Kelce and Andrews was out there at 50%.

He should have done more, but at the same time he's without his 2 best RBs, they only run the ball 6 times with their current RBs, and against that defense they really needed another guy. Likely is nice, but he's not healthy Andrews. Chiefs got good play from Rice and Kelce. Lamar had Flowers and then he fumbled it away.

He should beat Mahomes and a great defense if they only give up 17 points.

I just think blowing the Titans game, the pick 6 vs the Bills (all that happened in his 1st 3 years) he found himself pressing after being down double figures to Mahomes.

And its a credit to Brock that we mention him with the names of the other guys. However, there have been things that have gone his way that didnt for Lamar. Purdy had 2 pick 6s dropped vs the Packers. And he had a deep ball that should have been picked that turned into an eventual TD vs the Lions.

Lamar needed Flowers to score that TD or the ref to throw the PI on that Likely int (terrible read, but was a PI). Game of inches.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So many inexcusable plays from him last night. Like, there's literally no excuse for this. Turn on the jets and angle towards the sideline, and if you can't outrun him, just run outta bounds. What he actually did was SOFT, play like you believe you can win the fukking game!

He's not mentally tough, he just isn't. And lest we forget, he wasn't "great" vs Houston last week, especially not in the 1st half. We now have 6 completed years of career to evaluate fam. He really isn't That Guy, so much talent, but I can't buy into this guy until he does some damage in the playoffs...
He was terrified on that run. He was so scared of messing up that he let it effect his play.

He was scared to take both hands off the ball when he saw someone because he didn’t want to get stripped and he couldn’t open up on Sneed. Regular season Lamar scores on that one.

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Have to call it like it is. :francis:

Harbaugh & Monken didn’t help but Lamar plays the worst in the playoffs.

I thought getting that win over Houston would have helped him mentally on some “ok, got that out the way” but apparently not.

Now he’s in the “wait until the playoffs” category.

Ravens could go undefeated next season and stomp every team. Wouldn’t matter because of Lamar’s playoff resume. :manny:

Peyton eventually got over the hump but the AFC is stacked right now.

We seeing what Mahomes is doing with the worst offensive unit in his career. I don’t think that’s happening again anytime soon and Veach will try to mitigate that this offseason.

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
No but we’ve seen other players be killed and they have nowhere near the accolades or the rep for choking in the post season like Lamar.

Like this is ridiculous. So basically all you need at the moment is to score two touchdowns to beat these dudes in the playoffs

He’s definitely in that show and prove phase