"Land of Bad" starring Russell Crowe, Hensworth Bros (special Ops movie) REVIEW

valet

The official Chaplin of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Minor Spoilers ahead. If you don't want to know anything about this film, read no further. I will be discussing the movie but won't be reveal any major spoilers.

Overall: I was hesitant seeing this since it had a RT of 59%. It just turned RT fresh 61% after I saw it. First this is a true R rated film. Some of the violence in here is brutal. Not so much guts, but it's violent. Not that cartoon violence either. Like you can feel some of the brutality.

Russell Crowe- Plays a captain. He's not out in the field but watching the war through cameras, sending missles, etc. He's a arrogant, loud mouth dude.
Chika Ikogwe- Never heard of this chick but those Nigerian lips :noah: (Sorry Tariq Nasheed). She works with Russell. She's a quiet and reserved but I still liked her character.

Liam Hensworth- He's a rookie special ops who has to learn what war is like fast.

Plot: A group of special ops go on a rescue mission to in the Phillipines. Some stuff goes wrong, and they goal is survive.

Positive: Right amount of action (from hand to hand combat, to Call of Duty type missions), air strikes, etc. Then a right amount of story as well.

Camerawork- Alot 1st person action like video games. But some beautiful shots of the jungle, as well as. Long distance shot. Just an overall good job.

Negative: Humor in here is terrible. I didn't laugh once and neither did anybody in the theatre. And they tried but it wasn't funny.

Ending: Good, dramatic ending. Yeah, it's kinda predictable but so what. It was still good.

Bottom line: If you like Special Opps action, mixed with Paramount Plus action, mixed with some 24. This might be for you. I think it's worth seeing at the show. Especially at this time of year where it's not alot out.