LAPD: stop selling "fukk the LAPD" shirts. Manufacturer: LOL no.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
https://www.404media.co/lol-no-maker-of-fukk-the-lapd-shirt-laughs-at-cops-copyright-threat/

Lawyers for the Los Angeles Police Department’s private foundation threatened a clothing company selling a “fukk the LAPD” shirt, claiming that the union owns the copyright to the letters “LAPD” and asking that the shirt be taken off of the company’s store immediately. Lawyers for the clothing company, called Cola, responded with a letter that read, in its entirety, “LOL, no.”

The shirts read “fukk THE LAPD” emblazoned over a basketball, which is a play on the Los Angeles Lakers logo. Cola told me that they founded the company in 2019 “to counteract US mythology with simple visual statements.”

“Two prime examples of this are my Afghan Spring tee (re: making the world safe for democracy) and my Death to Destiny tee, which revises the white-supremacist American Progress painting by substituting the grim reaper for Columbia, thereby telling the truth about settler expansion,” they added.

They don't carry the shirt now cause it's sold out though.

For now, Cola is not selling any more “fukk the LAPD” shirts because they sold out: “This design is no longer in stock,” Cola said. “I might do more fukk the LAPD pieces but in a different design. This design was available in tees. I have some F the LAPD stickers that I’m including free in orders but no more merch.”

Might buy from them. It's a worker owned business and some of those designs speak to me :ehh:

Thurgood Thurston III

#LLNB #LLLB #E4R | woooK nypdK
Daps
Reppin
The kirk to the fields
That "Lol No" shyt was them fronting cause the "fukk the LAPD shyt aint nowhere available on they website.

They shyt all look mad tacky and cheap.
For now, Cola is not selling any more “fukk the LAPD” shirts because they sold out: “This design is no longer in stock,” Cola said. “I might do more fukk the LAPD pieces but in a different design. This design was available in tees. I have some F the LAPD stickers that I’m including free in orders but no more merch.”