Larenz Tate Lands Recurring Role On 'Power'

m0rninggl0ry

All Star
Daps
he really is. from menace to society to dead presidents to love jones I thought he showed his range in a number of different genres. Shame that he didnt get bigger roles after those early films

Now That I think about it, a lot of black actors and actresses stopping getting work around 99-2004. Think about. Even on daytime tv, it was Wack. Things didn't pick up until 2005, 06 eg stomp the yard, ATL, madea, dream girls ....

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Now That I think about it, a lot of black actors and actresses stopping getting work around 99-2004. Think about. Even on daytime tv, it was Wack. Things didn't pick up until 2005, 06 eg stomp the yard, ATL, madea, dream girls ....

The excuse was that the black movies weren't doing well at the box office compared to the early 90's black films (culminating with Soul Food which was kind of the last big box office smash with an all black cast)

m0rninggl0ry

All Star
Daps
The excuse was that the black movies weren't doing well at the box office compared to the early 90's black films (culminating with Soul Food which was kind of the last big box office smash with an all black cast)

You are right. And all star cast at that. You don't even see films
With an authentic all Star cast

m0rninggl0ry

All Star
Daps
this is true

its been downhill every since
we haven't had any classic in a while

Right. And that goes for music and television. It was the writers strike

honestly, black classics started back give or take with 2006, DreamGirls. All star cast, great writing. Although the writters and director were not black, it's still a classic.

Years later, we have SOC and fences. It's not too many all star classes with an actual plot.

It seems they cast your same
People over and over darting kevin hart but they aren't classics