Large Professor Names Top 5 Producers of All Time, Stories of Working with Rakim + Breaks Down Album

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I get not liking or not feeling Rick Rubin's production, but he's still a legendary Hip Hop producer regardless. He has classics.

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
nikkas with the Rick Rubin hate are nutso...

LP was born in '72... Rubin made records everybody his age came up with. 'It's Yours', the Raising Hell album, Radio, Beasties' 1st shyt... pretty much everything in the first era of Def Jam... I know it ain't your precious Nas/Pac/Biggie/Mobb Deep era, but that era happened. Why's this so hard to grasp?

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
nikkas with the Rick Rubin hate are nutso...

LP was born in '72... Rubin made records everybody his age came up with. 'It's Yours', the Raising Hell album, Radio, Beasties' 1st shyt... pretty much everything in the first era of Def Jam... I know it ain't your precious Nas/Pac/Biggie/Mobb Deep era, but that era happened. Why's this so hard to grasp?

Because he's white. That's the only reason dude gets hated on by certain people here.

Rubin has made CLASSIC records, in hip hop and other genres (metal). Give him his props and keep it moving. If you love hip hop, chances are you love many records that Rubin produced.

OGBobbyJohnson

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Tri State Area
I Don't Get The Rick Rubin Selection Either But Not Because He's White It's Because He's Overrated..I'm Surprised He Left Out His Mentor Paul C Who Was White..He Would've Been As Big As Dr Dre If He Didn't Die
Paul_C.jpg

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
TOP FIVE OF ALLTIME OR TOP FIVE OF HIS ERA :usure:

no timbo? no kanye? its cool to pay homage but the list of songs kanye and timbo produced is ridiculous :whew:

:heh: at Timbo being in anyone's top 5 as a Hip Hop producer :camby:

All of LP's picks are legit top 5 choices.