Leaders of the New School(Interview with Kenta, Steen, Devitt, Zayn, Neville)

Who wins in the end?

• Total voters

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
10616021_839707532718182_2908455711251246457_n.jpg

meanWHile
photo100_display_image.png

September

Symbol Of Excellence
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Idaho.
Seems like Rollins had the same attitude if you watch the Shield documentary.

Zayn's talent won't be held back
Nah Rollins came off as kind of a know-it-all a$$hole. His "I'm the best here" mentality was great because let's be real, he probably was. But all that kind of 'my way or the highway' business was not a good look.

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
I love that they were allowed to just speak with no real filter...you can see Zayn and Neville are very different as far as their personalities go. Neville seems really humble and just happy to get his shot...Zayn seems similar, but he seems to be very confident in his abilities..which i wouldnt expect from him based on his tv character.

loved the GTS mention....this article makes me wonder....do Devitt and Steen keep their names then? they refer to Kenta as Hideo....no mention of "Prince" either....

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
ehh, they mentioned "KENTA" on a RAW broadcast and then made him explain his name change. Steen and Devitt's names aren't safe until they debut on the main roster tbh.

re: Neville, I remember hearing a couple of interviews he did on some podcast a few years ago and I was shocked at how low his selfesteem was. Like, dude refused to acknowledge he was one of the best- if the THE best - highflyers in the world even though anyone with a pair of eyes recognized him as such. Dude is even more humble than D-Bry, and I'm not sure that's a good thing once Kevin Dunn gets a hold of him :damn:

Daps
ehh, they mentioned "KENTA" on a RAW broadcast and then made him explain his name change. Steen and Devitt's names aren't safe until they debut on the main roster tbh.

re: Neville, I remember hearing a couple of interviews he did on some podcast a few years ago and I was shocked at how low his selfesteem was. Like, dude refused to acknowledge he was one of the best- if the THE best - highflyers in the world even though anyone with a pair of eyes recognized him as such. Dude is even more humble than D-Bry, and I'm not sure that's a good thing once Kevin Dunn gets a hold of him :damn:

Bryan always had a real subtle confidence, you could see it in him from his ROH days.

He also had a sense of humor with his humility, where Neville does come off as a guy with like you said low self-esteem

Beautiful Bobby Eatin

SWEEEEEEEEEETNESS!
Daps
Reppin
Terra Belle, Georgia
Bryan always had a real subtle confidence, you could see it in him from his ROH days.

He also had a sense of humor with his humility, where Neville does come off as a guy with like you said low self-esteem
Im sure them constantly calling him a hobbit in storylines doesnt help his self esteem either. Sami's cockiness though is jarring seeing what his gimmick has always been.

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches

If you ever see Bryan live, you can even tell this by the way he carries himself. From the way he walks into a room at times, you'd think that he thought he could kick everyone's asses there. Neville never really had that, which could hamstring him when he makes it to the main roster. It's nice to see that Zayn has a bit of that about him though (which kind of made him "hard to deal with" in ROH at time in some people's words).

I'm almost sure that the guy Steen was talking about is Shaun Ricker/Slate Randall. Who WAS actually good on the mic and had a bit of star quality about him (very raw though).

Oh, and this type of attitude:

ZAYN:...I didn’t even read my contract!

STEEN: Yeah, same here.

ZAYN: I didn’t even read it, because what was I gonna do? “Oh, sorry, article seven, paragraph two doesn’t work for me.”

will get them nowhere. They better smarten up and make sure they're not getting fukked over (more than they already are) on their deals. It's cynical to say that "wrestling is a business" first, but wrestling itself engenders that attitude in the way that it treats its workforce. The least you could do is pay attention to it.

Daps
If you ever see Bryan live, you can even tell this by the way he carries himself. From the way he walks into a room at times, you'd think that he thought he could kick everyone's asses there. Neville never really had that, which could hamstring him when he makes it to the main roster. It's nice to see that Zayn has a bit of that about him though (which kind of made him "hard to deal with" in ROH at time in some people's words).

That's what i`m saying, from seeing him in ROH you knew he had the IT factor. You knew he had the confidence to make it on the next level.

I used to go to the Manhattan Center shows, and like ya said, seeing him in person it really came across

Daps
Oh, and this type of attitude:

will get them nowhere. They better smarten up and make sure they're not getting fukked over (more than they already are) on their deals. It's cynical to say that "wrestling is a business" first, but wrestling itself engenders that attitude in the way that it treats its workforce. The least you could do is pay attention to it.

I think it's probably true about 90% of the indy workers who sign to the WWE.

It's their dream, i`m sure many of them could give a fukk less what it says, they don't read it and sign it.

Cobratron

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I just can't wait until they've got all these guys going on NXT at the same time. :ahh: I feel like Neville and Zayn might be reaching the end of their NXT run, but don't call them up just yet. :whoa:

Daps
ZAYN: I don’t know what’s going to become of [Itami’s] career, but I highly doubt you’ll see him with a headband, hitting a gong or anything like that. We’re reinventing what it means to be from these countries. We’re not stereotypes. We’re not here to epitomize your preconceived notions about Canada or Ireland or Japan or England. We just happen to be from these places and we happen to be really good.

PLEASE BABY WRESTLING JESUS.

And I'm not seeing attitude in Sami's answers. There's confidence there, but I'm not seeing the eye-rolling involved.

Beautiful Bobby Eatin

SWEEEEEEEEEETNESS!
Daps
Reppin
Terra Belle, Georgia
PLEASE BABY WRESTLING JESUS.

And I'm not seeing attitude in Sami's answers. There's confidence there, but I'm not seeing the eye-rolling involved.
I think its more the refusal to "start over" you cant come into the experience thinking you know more than anyone. You get complacent. And as good as Steen and Zayn are, they still shouldnt get complacent because for every Steen and Zayn you sign, they can also sign a Ricochet and Tomasso Ciampa to replace them.