Leading Scientist Warns There's An Apocalypse Coming, And It's Not The One You Expect

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Leading Scientist Warns There's An Apocalypse Coming, And It's Not The One You Expect
82.2KSHARES
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter

HEALTH AND MEDICINE
extra_large-1507890309-cover-image.PNG

HARVARD MEDICAL SCHOOL

noface.png

By James Felton
13 OCT 2017, 12:47

A top scientist has called for a global effort to stop the rise of antibiotic-resistant bacteria, warning that if we don't act now 10 million people could die a year from drug-resistant diseases.

Professor Dame Sally Davies, the UK's Chief Medical Officer, has warned that without swift global action we could see the "end of modern medicine" as our antibiotics become useless against drug-resistant strains of bacteria.

Currently, in America alone, at least 2 million people are infected with antibiotic-resistant bacteria, and at least 23,000 people die each year as a direct result, according to the Center for Disease Control. Globally this number is around 700,000. Prof Davies, speaking ahead of a global meeting of health chiefs to reveal a new project mapping the spread of death and disease from drug-resistant superbugs, warned that over the next 30 years this could increase to over 10 million, as more bacteria become resistant to antibiotics.

“We really are facing, if we don’t take action now, a dreadful post-antibiotic apocalypse," Davies told the conference in Berlin. "I don’t want to say to my children that I didn’t do my best to protect them and their children.”

She will launch a campaign in the UK later this month calling on patients not to demand antibiotics from their doctors. She said that patients think that doctors are being "mean" when they refuse to prescribe antibiotics, when really they are attempting to prescribe less in part of a global effort to prevent new strains of drug-resistant bacteria evolving.

“Research has found that often [the public] think doctors are trying to save money," she said at the conference, the Telegraph reported. "When in fact they are trying to save the drugs, so that they work when they are actually needed.”

Dame Davies warned that the drugs are often given to pushy patients for colds and viruses, even though antibiotics do not help to cure viruses.

Drug-resistant superbugs are becoming a bigger problem, and she urged the world to take action, saying thus far it had been "far too slow" to act.

“This antimicrobial resistance is with us now, killing people," Davies said. “It will only get worse unless we take strong action everywhere across the globe. We need some real work on the ground to make a difference or we risk the end of modern medicine.”

Scary shyt. Aside from climate change (which is terrifying if you actually know about it) this shyt worries me in the long term. We're headed back to the days of people dying from routine surgeries or pneumonia. :damn:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I believe it but the cac american govt doesnt give a fukk... they basically defunded the cdc.... they truly don't care about the future...:francis:

"Why should I as a hard-working real American have my tax dollars go to stopping those lazy black people from getting superbugs? :mad:" [/cac]

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
My whole family is natural

My whole family is healthy so...

Also i believe this will affect Europe the most and climate change will affect caucasions the most so:yeshrug:

tenor.gif

Climate changes affects Black Africa the most, the biggest emitters are cacs though, I'll give you that :ehh:

imrs.php

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra

Losttribe

[Formerly Blackking]
Daps
Most Africans don't have access to air conditioning. What I can see is a demand on governments to increase access to steady electricity. Or, people leaving Africa because it's too damn hot and are willing to migrate to Europe
The sun
Over 300 days a year
Solar energy gets cheaper each year
Air condition units powered by solar energy
Easy solution

Last edited:

Losttribe

[Formerly Blackking]
Daps
This nikka really said easy solution. Are people actually this dumb?
Have you installed solar panels?

Also, do you think the resources to have this set up in multiple Afrikan nations isn't already in the works.

Or are you just talking shyt cuz you been a shyt talking fakkit for over 8 years (as far as i know)

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
The sun
Over 300 days a year
Solar energy get cheaper each year
Air condition units powered by solar energy
Easy solution

Corrupt cabals aren't going to allow African people to generate power easily on their own.

Take Nigeria for instance. People are working together to make sure that they can make a killing off of importing generators and fuel for those power generators rather than building a functional power grid. Solar power would be amazing for that country. However, if people were able to have solar panels, then it would sharply reduce the power of those corrupt cabals

People know the solutions to these problems, but someone's always profiting off of a bad status quo. Follow the money