Learn Python in 100 days thread

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Using Python on the job right now. Gonna use it as an opportunity to play with concepts I haven't before. Never done OOP in Python until today.

Apparently I'm the SME in Python for this team with my off and on ass experience :skip:. Breh talmbout Obreh you know more about this than me, I'm new to it.
:dead:

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I don't know how bootcamps took off. They're not an efficient way to learn. On Day 3 of my 10 day course and the content is becoming overwhelming and difficult to retain.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I don't know how bootcamps took off. They're not an efficient way to learn. On Day 3 of my 10 day course and the content is becoming overwhelming and difficult to retain.
How many hours per day are you putting in?

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Two hours of class, then I have to catch up on work. After I'm done with work, I step away for a bit b/c I'm currently WFH of which I spend an hour doing homework reviewing concepts.
I think that the difference between you and somebody in a boot camp is that they might be at it for more time each day. Plus from what I've heard, boot camps try to get you ready for the interview process, not necessarily reinforcing concepts.

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I think that the difference between you and somebody in a boot camp is that they might be at it for more time each day. Plus from what I've heard, boot camps try to get you ready for the interview process, not necessarily reinforcing concepts.

Question: Why wouldn't they reinforce concepts? What good is getting the job if you can't do the work?

CBSwagga

All Star
Daps
Question: Why wouldn't they reinforce concepts? What good is getting the job if you can't do the work?
Cause once you get the job you can just Google shyt until you find what you need. These guys put in 12 hrs a day learning and use leetcode and other stuff to pass technical interviews. Fake it until you make it

Edit: you taking a learn python in 10 days course?

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Cause once you get the job you can just Google shyt until you find what you need. These guys put in 12 hrs a day learning and use leetcode and other stuff to pass technical interviews. Fake it until you make it

Fair. My firm has a snippet repository where people can grab what they need to run whatever they need.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Just like @CBSwagga said, when you got the job then you can Google 75% of the stuff. That gets problematic when people are putting out bad code though, but it's not the boot camp's problem at that point.

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I'm currently using Jupyter for Python at work. It's launched through Dev Shell Launcher. I want to use this for my personal practice. How can I get Jupyter on my device? I downloaded Anaconda, but it didn't provide any clear direction.

Pete Wrigley

Twerk, Petunia, Twerk!
Supporter
Daps
I feel bad that I still haven't started this. I know some Python already but I'm a web dev and I've been busy trying to learn React and dabbling into Node.

There is something I want to build in Python though so I'll get to this at some point...