LeBron: "Zero interest, zero excitement" for All Star Game; calls it a "slap in the face"

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
I don't see the problem with the all-star fame

Are the other 60 games plus playoffs not the same thing? You just go and play then leave everyone there gets over 20 million dollars I don't see the resistance...just my opinion.

I was one of the people saying don't start up last season...but if you are already playing a season what's the difference? Is playing in general not dangerous but an all star game suddenly a red flag?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I don't see the problem with the all-star fame

Are the other 60 games plus playoffs not the same thing? You just go and play then leave everyone there gets over 20 million dollars I don't see the resistance...just my opinion.

I was one of the people saying don't start up last season...but if you are already playing a season what's the difference? Is playing in general not dangerous but an all star game suddenly a red flag?
They designed the whole schedule to have as little travel as possible and space out contact as much as possible (limiting road trips, playing the same teams back-to-back, etc.) so that teams mix as rarely as possible, and then they have an event where players from 20 different teams are gonna fly across the country and share the court together then fly back to spread whatever they may have caught to their own teams.

But I think the real resistance from the players is coming from the fact that they had to deal with the shortest offseason ever, then play a condensed schedule, and when they thought they'd finally get a rest now they have to fly across the country and play an exhibition game.