LeBron's lifetime Nike deal worth over a billy

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps

NBA
usp-nba_-cleveland-cavaliers-at-phoenix-suns1.jpg

LeBron's mega deal with Nike is worth more than $1 billion, says Maverick Carter

NBA
Nina Mandell | May 17, 2016 8:50 am

This might be the ultimate max contract.

LeBron James’ longtime business manager Maverick Carter indicated that James’ lifetime deal with Nike is worth more than a billion dollars in an interview published in this month’s GQ.

The deal, which was announced in December, made James the first person to sign a lifetime deal with the company. At the time, sources told USA TODAY it was worth more than $500 million.

From GQ:

How much was the deal for?
I can’t say.

Come on, Mav! Can you ballpark it?
What are people saying?

Kanye said a billion. So a billion.
[Maverick smiles and points one finger skyward.]

Holy [expletive].
Yeah. It’s a fantastic deal. Nike feels great about the deal. That’s the most important thing. As great as I feel, as great as LeBron feels—Nike feels fantastic about it. It’s the largest deal in the history of the company. Their hope is he makes even more. And our hope is that, too, obviously.

Carter was also asked about signing Manziel to his marketing firm, LRMR. He dropped him earlier this year amid the turmoil at the end of the Browns’ season.

Again, from GQ:

“No, I don’t regret it. I met Johnny and liked him. He obviously was who he was coming out, which is gigantic. I feel like we did a great job with Johnny and helped him a lot. But he was his biggest opponent. He’s a very intelligent guy—he’s just his biggest opponent. Still is. But to this day, if he called me, I’d go help him in a second. So that’s another reason why I can’t regret it: I made relationships with him and his family that’ll probably last a lifetime.”

:whew:

Last edited: