Leftwich for HC??

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
I know it’s been just one game, but in that one game against the putrid Niners, this man has displayed competency and emotions not seen since Arians. The playcalling was conservative at first but improved later on in the forth quarter. I’m wondering if he would have a chance to implement the offense during the offseason? It depends if Wilks is fired. If he and Keim fired then I expect the new gm to overhaul the staff from top to bottom. If Wilks is retained, if we see no improvement from the defense then I expect him to get fired next year during the mid season and have Leftwich continue duties. Sean McVey 2.0?

@MooseMouthMthafuga @ChillSwitch @Cadillac @L@CaT @AlphaOne @thewiz703 what y’all think?

Benjamin Sisko

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
For some reason, I feel bad for Wilks.Seems like a good brother in a bad situation:to:

But if they decide to give Leftwich a shot at HC sooner or later, I wouldn't be mad
Ehhh, does Wilks do any actual coaching? Do you ever see him talk to other players or coaches on the sidelines? Only thing I see him do is throw the red flag and cheerlead the players.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ehhh, does Wilks does any coaching? Do you ever see him talk to other players or coaches on the sidelines? Only thing I see him do is throw the red flag and cheerlead the players.

I don't, but I feel bad for the dude.He's in over his head.I blame Michael Bidwill & Steve Keim for hiring him

Hypris

Superstar
Daps
If the team is still getting blowout losses in the 2nd half of the season and not looking competitive, Wilks may be fired. You can't play the 49ers all year.

Wilks has the rest of the year to show more improvement. All he needs to show is progress. If he can end the season on a high note, he'll have a chance to get some more players who fit his style in the offseason. There will be plenty of cap space and quality draft picks to improve.

Daps
I feel line wilks doesn't have the mastery of the game required to be a HC.. he seem like the dude who thinks being a HC consists of making people go hard in practice and giving fire ass half time speeches about never giving up and sticking together. I just don't see shyt outta the cardinals to tell me otherwise.

Been trash on both sides of the ball all year. Hate watching them waste fitz last year like that. And now DJ ain't talked about as a top back anymore

Rocket Scientist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
High IQ
It's a reason why they kept Leftwich add the fact he was part of the old regime.Reminds me of when Tampa fired Lovie and promoted Koetter same thing will happen.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Ehhh, does Wilks do any actual coaching? Do you ever see him talk to other players or coaches on the sidelines? Only thing I see him do is throw the red flag and cheerlead the players.

so because the camera pans over there a few times a game and hes not riling up his troops hes just a mute whose over his head?

thecoli

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I understand why he did it, but Wilks should’ve stayed in Carolina a few more years.
He should've stayed defensive coordinator instead of becoming head coach of an NFL team? :dahell:

Everything isn't good right off the bat for a coach. Even :beli: failed

Benjamin Sisko

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
He should've stayed defensive coordinator instead of becoming head coach of an NFL team? :dahell:

Everything isn't good right off the bat for a coach. Even :beli: failed
Stop making fukking excuses.

This team is dead last in total offense and defense.

Special teams are slightly better.

Team was 8-8 last year with Blame fukking Gabbert.

Offense has improved with Leftwich calling the plays.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I like Steve Wilks he seems like a nice dude but he is not a head coach. Its one thing to lose games but the Cardinals in general play sloppy football on both sides of the ball and they don't really win games as much as teams (49ers) hand them wins. Again this is a fairly talented roster who has underachived just liked Cleveland. With that said the Cards generally don't jettison head coaches in year 1, but it is possible Byron Leftwich has a bright coaching future either in Arizona or elsewhere.