~Legendary WWF Jobber ‘Iron’ Mike Sharpe Has Passed Away~

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
i don't think ppl realize just how essential those jobbers were. in reality they were the foundation for everything.

and i know ppl are gonna say, "oh what about guys like zach ryder and heath slater"...like no muthafucca, those aren't real jobbers. those are guys on the main roster that lose a lot. those guys get rumble spots! those guys might even make the mania card in some capacity!

there needs to be a field of legit jobbers at the bottom of the pyramid so that EVERYONE stays elevated.

This. All of this.

I don't think they realise how backwards their hustling is when they can only build one star by dragging down another.

I thought they'd learnt their lesson when they did the big Ryback squash match push the other year.. it worked pretty well... had some comedy value and clearly earned a shytload of pre-teen Ryback fans (just like I was hooked in by Warrior squashes tbh)... they tried it for a while with Broadus but the jobbers have disappeared again... we're left with a former MITB and World Champion getting jobbed out to NXT grads.

See a few more in NXT, but I assume they're all being "developed" and will move up eventually if possible (Peyton Royce getting tanned by Nia etc)... they really need a few around who's entire career is going to be favours for others. The really good sellers should be getting paid decent money for it too.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
i don't think ppl realize just how essential those jobbers were. in reality they were the foundation for everything.

and i know ppl are gonna say, "oh what about guys like zach ryder and heath slater"...like no muthafucca, those aren't real jobbers. those are guys on the main roster that lose a lot. those guys get rumble spots! those guys might even make the mania card in some capacity!

there needs to be a field of legit jobbers at the bottom of the pyramid so that EVERYONE stays elevated.

I know i ain't deep as yall in this. but I always equated jobbers with people who was in the ring after the commercial break.