Lennox Lewis was the greatest heavyweight of the last 40 years and its not even close

The Solid One

Superstar
Daps
Tyson was past his prime by the time Lennox put the beats on him.

Since we're keeping 100, Vitali put the beats on Lennox and Lennox retired because he didn't want to see him in a rematch :mjlol:

I agree he's the most underrated heavyweight and deserves more credit
Lennox Lewis didn't take that fight seriously, and came in out of shape.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
XShxU7x.png

what happened to the original thread title? :dahell:
Changed it cause too many old heads were coming after me. But he's definitely the best in my lifetime for sure.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
I think older me would have appreciated Lewis more.

At the time i thought he was a boring fighter.
Lets be honest, most americans called him soft mainly because of his accent. As a kid i used to LOVE Holyfield. I was hurt when Lennox humbled him. That being said, Lewis was overall the better fighter between the two, despite their epic battles in the ring.

Jerz

All Star
Daps
Lennox gettin alot of disrespect. How many heavyweights you actually betting ya money on - to beat em tho. If we bein honest, im thinkin that list gotta be short :yeshrug:

mitter

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
From a technical/skills standpoint, I would take Lewis over Holyfield.

From an accomplishment/resume standpoint, Holyfield had a better career than Lewis.

Holyfield's reputation has taken a big hit because he hung around too long, losing to mediocre fighters in boring fights. But compare Lewis' entire career to Holyfield's career up to and including the Holyfield-Lewis fights, and I think Holyfield had a better resume.

Bowe had a very brief prime and did not have the habits and discipline to sustain greatness. But a fantasy fight between Bowe at his absolute peak (92-93) vs Lewis at his absolute peak (late 90s) would have been a hell of a fight.

From both a skills and resume standpoint, I would take Tyson over Lewis

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I can't put him past Larry Holmes, Evander, Tyson or Klitchsco even but if you're talking post 1980 he's def in the top 5.

Renzo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly. People are dumb. Heavy weights hit hard and can easy knock someone out, skill be dammed. I can never knock a heavy weight for getting knocked out by another heavyweight.

Lennox avenged all his losses and masterfully so. Just all around great fighter, both defensively and offensively. Also learned his opponents better than most boxers
Old comment but I need to add that this is a shaky take.. Lewis is the ONLY top tier heavyweight Rahman or McCall ever knocked out before or after so this idea they had massive knock out power that would’ve dropped any other heavyweight is nonsense. Lewis just had a shyt chin. Avenging those loses meant nil considering he shouldn’t have lost to that Z class of fighters in the first place.