Lethal weapon tv show...are we too old for this shyt?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
'Lethal Weapon' TV Series From 'Forever' Creator Set At Fox As Put Pilot

A Lethal Weaponhourlong series based on the films that starred Mel Gibson and Danny Glover has landed at Fox with a put pilot commitment. It will be written by former Chuck executive producer Matt Miller, who most recently created and executive produced the ABC drama Forever for WBTV.

On the Lethal Weapon show, when Texas cop and former Navy SEAL Martin Riggs suffers the loss of his wife and baby, he moves to Los Angeles to start anew. There, he gets partnered with LAPD detective Roger Murtaugh, who, having recently suffered a “minor” heart attack, must avoid any stress in his life.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

EDIT:
Complex news report:

The '80s/'90s Lethal Weapon franchise has, like most past film properties, been given a second life. The four film franchise is expanding to TV with a planned series. FOX has ordered the pilot for Lethal Weapon (can't afford to alienate those built-in audiences with a name change) and has cast Damon Wayans Sr. to star. The pilot will be an hour long and comes amidst plans over at CBS for cop-centered movie-to-TV series like Rush Hour and Training Day.

Before present-day 21 Jump Street there was Lethal Weapon in the "buddy cop" film genre. Lethal Weapon starred Mel Gibson, turning him into a full-fledged action star, alongside Danny Glover. Wayans will reportedly step into Glover's role of Roger Murtaugh as a Los Angeles Police Department detective who, "having recently suffered a 'minor' heart attack, must avoid any stress in his life" writes Variety. Gibson's role of Martin Riggs hasn't been cast. Variety reports Riggs will be a Texas cop and former Navy Seal who becomes a LAPD detective after he moves to LA following the deaths of his wife and child. There he's forced to partner up with Murtaugh and the two inevitably butt heads while busting fools.

Wayans last made news in September of last year after he made comments in defense of Bill Cosby saying the women who alleged they were raped by Cosby were "hustling" him. "Listen, how big is his penis [that] it gives you amnesia for 40 years?" said Wayans, for which he then faced a backlash.

The last Lethal Weapon was released in 1998 and plans for a fifth installment have been rumored. How people respond to the TV series could determine if Lethal Weapon 5 moves forward or if its rebooted entirely.

:lupe: With this news I've now changed my mind from October, I'm in now. I fukks with Damon Wayans Jr. & McG.

@MartyMcFly

Last edited:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

:lupe: With this news I've now changed my mind from October, I'm in now. I fukks with Damon Wayans Jr. & McG.

@MartyMcFly

I saw it. I don't like McG even tho he did direct the chick pilot but Damon is a bright spot. But leathal weapon without Shane black is always a tough order

I just read the OP & realized that 1 of the EPs on NBC's "Chuck" is gonna be the showrunner for this. Thay explains McG's connections to this. McG & his studio Wonderland Sound and Vision co-executive produced "Chuck".

:yeshrug: I've said it before though, I fukks with McG's TV work.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I just read the OP & realized that 1 of the EPs on NBC's "Chuck" is gonna be the showrunner for this. Thay explains McG's connections to this. McG & his studio Wonderland Sound and Vision co-executive produced "Chuck".

:yeshrug: I've said it before though, I fukks with McG's TV work.

Yeah I know but again...no Shane black lol. There's a reason lethal weapon 3 and 4 are the weaker ones in the franchise

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

@MartyMcFly

You know it's not Damon Wayans Jr starring, it's his father. The original, In living color, I'm gonna get you sukca, Major Payne Damon Wayans. AKA the better one.

:dead: I was sorta wondering why he was looking so old in that pic.