Let's Be Honest About Kendrick Lamar

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Albums are a tool to expand your fanbase and make money for the company that employs him.

Y'all got section 80 for free. Let him eat now
wow this is the excuse we using in 2012. to allow artists to give you TRASH for their commercial releases. wow

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree with the overt sentiment but not the implication. Even DRANK is just...different. Specially for a single on one of..if not THE biggest labels in the world it's refreshing. I respect dude alot as a rapper I only really decoded section .80 but I think his album is gonna be dope. I think we may agree that I wish it was less of an Eminem type thing and they just let dude rock solo without all the Dre features and shyt. It's a new day...(pun intended)

Da Jungles

CBALL
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MUSIC
This generation of fans does the art form an injustice when artist are held to weird (not even high, just plain weird) expectations. Do you know how many sounds and different vibes artists like Stevie Wonder, Prince, MJ, etc went thru and experimented with? The fans are the ones holding hip hop back! And now I find myself in a thread defending an obviously talented artists before his FIRST major DEBUT! Too many cats wanna front like they have supreme hip hop knowledge and they are the standard bearer for what's good or not. Let the album sink in first. We've heard a fraction of the songs on the album, and yet we're debating the direction he is taking on this album. Weird....

:whoa:

That's too much realness for these guys in here. Tone it down a few notches buddy.