Let's Celebrate Larry Holmes Bronze Statue revealing

RhodyRum

Mark Gassed-A-Heaux
Daps
Reppin
The Great Green North
b6ddaf3c9e6b4a2e9adda8df165d5083-0fb597ee375c13378a0f6a7067004c47.jpg

b6ddaf3c9e6b4a2e9adda8df165d5083-ba61514d375b13378a0f6a706700e525.jpg

Dedication ceremony will take place Dec 13th in Easton PA Hope to see yall there. Coli great here.

Boxing's Larry Holmes, long underrated, now cast in bronze

Good looks on starting this Holmes thread breh, any opportunity to post

larry-holmes-flying-kick-o.gif

is always a welcome moment in my book:flabbynsick:

And if I had the guap to commission it, I'd have the moment he made contact with Berbick's chest immortalized in bronze as well :krs:

BlackAchilles

Veteran
Daps
Good looks on starting this Holmes thread breh, any opportunity to post

larry-holmes-flying-kick-o.gif

is always a welcome moment in my book:flabbynsick:

And if I had the guap to commission it, I'd have the moment he made contact with Berbick's chest immortalized in bronze as well :krs:

I'd get :flabbynsick::mjpls:and :dahell:built as Easter Island heads

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Chris Rock used Larry Holmes as the example of the black experience in America.

For those who won't watch the video, around the 3:42 mark:

"My dad used to say 'You can't beat white people at anything. Never. But you can knock them out.' Like, if you have 6 and the white guy has 5, he wins. If you're black, you can't let it go to the judge's decision because you're gonna lose no matter how bad you beat this man up. Larry Holmes/Gerry c00ney is the perfect example of life. Larry Holmes beats the shyt out of this guy for 11 rounds. He knocks him out in the 11th round and they had to stop the fight. The man is bloody, he's been beaten the whole fight. They go to the scorecards...Larry Holmes is losing the fight. If he didn't knock him out, he would have lost the title. And that is essentially the black experience."

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Chris Rock used Larry Holmes as the example of the black experience in America.

For those who won't watch the video, around the 3:42 mark:

"My dad used to say 'You can't beat white people at anything. Never. But you can knock them out.' Like, if you have 6 and the white guy has 5, he wins. If you're black, you can't let it go to the judge's decision because you're gonna lose no matter how bad you beat this man up. Larry Holmes/Gerry c00ney is the perfect example of life. Larry Holmes beats the shyt out of this guy for 11 rounds. He knocks him out in the 11th round and they had to stop the fight. The man is bloody, he's been beaten the whole fight. They go to the scorecards...Larry Holmes is losing the fight. If he didn't knock him out, he would have lost the title. And that is essentially the black experience."

There a reason as a kid my dad gave me the :wtb: and smacked the shyt outta me when I said I wanted Gerry c00ney to beat Holmes. :heh: