Let’s discuss the cyberpunk endings *spoilers for phantom liberty and original game*

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
What do yall think is the best ending? After finishing Phantom Liberty I thought it was kind of depressing, but in actuality it’s not really that sad its just very realistic.

So V (Valerie. Vincent) can’t get implants anymore, they’re chromeless which means they can’t do mercenary work anymore. You’re just a regular mark living in a fukked up city. All your new friends basically abandoned you, you kill johnny, Judy is married, Panam won’t even talk to you, River is on the run, Takemura is on the run, So Mi is a prisoner, Misty leaving the country, Vik getting sent to Fresno as a corpo ripdoc…its immediately depressing. V’s life is fukked up.

The positives are as a street kid i feel like my V could eventually get in contact with the right people and become a fixer like Mr Hands, and run Night City again as a legend from the shadows. they’re also young enough that you’ll eventually meet new people and/or maybe fix your relationship with others, like Panam.

I think the biggest downside to the Phantom Liberty ending is the fact that you’re pretty much a mark out in the streets without chrome. V has made so many enemies its only a matter of time before they find him/her and off em. :francis:

Every other alternative is V dying in someway, either giving your body to Johnny and becoming an AI or killing Johnny and going back out into the world to die, so both of you die.

Being a normal boring person with no friends is the happiest ending you get in cyberpunk :francis:

How do yall feel about it? :patrice:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
The Nomad and Don’t Fear the Reaper endings are my favorite, with Reaper being the “best” IMO because V is a legend in Night City and still active despite slowly dying from the biochip

The PL ending was well done but I personally didn’t like being lvl 60 maxed out and ending the game as a random NPC :skip:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The Nomad and Don’t Fear the Reaper endings are my favorite, with Reaper being the “best” IMO because V is a legend in Night City and still active despite slowly dying from the biochip

The one thing i didn’t like about the Nomad ending was Panam basically putting you on the back burner in the epilogue. Panam kind of turns out to be a dud in almost all the endings :francis:

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
New ending is depressing as fukk, V goes out with an L...

Driving off with Panam or going Arasaka tower round 2 guns blazing with Silverhand are the two best endings...

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
What do yall think is the best ending? After finishing Phantom Liberty I thought it was kind of depressing, but in actuality it’s not really that sad its just very realistic.

So V (Valerie. Vincent) can’t get implants anymore, they’re chromeless which means they can’t do mercenary work anymore. You’re just a regular mark living in a fukked up city. All your new friends basically abandoned you, you kill johnny, Judy is married, Panam won’t even talk to you, River is on the run, Takemura is on the run, So Mi is a prisoner, Misty leaving the country, Vik getting sent to Fresno as a corpo ripdoc…its immediately depressing. V’s life is fukked up.

The positives are as a street kid i feel like my V could eventually get in contact with the right people and become a fixer like Mr Hands, and run Night City again as a legend from the shadows. they’re also young enough that you’ll eventually meet new people and/or maybe fix your relationship with others, like Panam.

I think the biggest downside to the Phantom Liberty ending is the fact that you’re pretty much a mark out in the streets without chrome. V has made so many enemies its only a matter of time before they find him/her and off em. :francis:

Every other alternative is V dying in someway, either giving your body to Johnny and becoming an AI or killing Johnny and going back out into the world to die, so both of you die.

Being a normal boring person with no friends is the happiest ending you get in cyberpunk :francis:

How do yall feel about it? :patrice:
Great ending, but don't forget that V was offered a desk government job, sure is not her think but it is a paycheck :yeshrug:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Great ending, but don't forget that V was offered a desk government job, sure is not her think but it is a paycheck :yeshrug:

No way you can grow up a street kid, detest corpo’s, become a mercenary, run around with Johnny Silverhand in your head for weeks and be ok with that. Just not even an option:francis:

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
No way you can grow up a street kid, detest corpo’s, become a mercenary, run around with Johnny Silverhand in your head for weeks and be ok with that. Just not even an option:francis:
Street rat? :scust: I chose Corpo, trauma team insurance, nice office in Corpo Plaza, top of the line chrome, my own flying car :ahh:

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
It's in-theme.

Dex asks do you blaze of glory or fade away as a face in the crowd.

They just finally gave you an ending to fade away. No implants, no combat - fully 'out', but irreparably so.
Or, you blaze of glory it with the other endings.

This ending was needed just to actually complete the duality they present to you in like, the third mission in the game. Just funny it took the spy DLC to give it.

Guess in a way... you get that spy's retirement that Alex wanted.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It's in-theme.

Dex asks do you blaze of glory or fade away as a face in the crowd.

They just finally gave you an ending to fade away. No implants, no combat - fully 'out', but irreparably so.
Or, you blaze of glory it with the other endings.

This ending was needed just to actually complete the duality they present to you in like, the third mission in the game. Just funny it took the spy DLC to give it.

Guess in a way... you get that spy's retirement that Alex wanted.

Well she wanted to be on a beach somewhere sippin mojito’s, not paper pushing for FIA or broke and busted in the streets lol

That Johnny farewell was just such a downer, i didn’t like that part. I could live with everything else but the Johnny farewell and the Vik becoming an indentured servant to a corporation. they really made you feel like you let all your people down at the end