Lets talk about Soulja boy for a second.

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
people don't understand he got on made it big off youtube before he was 18. The same shyt every local rapper trying to do since they were teens.
He's only a year older than Quavo and Offset from Migos think about that.
Which is why I dont understand why people give all these other guys passes for being trash, but throw shade at soulja for being the same trash. I'm not a soulja boy fan but just off of quick youtube search, how is this worse than anything else that comes out these days?

Love Sosa

Superstar
Daps
Soulja has some classics.

Even his wack shyt like that Steph Curry song sounds like literally every other song that comes out these days.

I used to hate him for shyt like this tho:

luckyse7enz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles
People don't talk shyt about Soulja Boy because he's wack. We talk shyt about Soulja Boy because he was doing his own thing and as soon as he lost a little bit of his buzz, he got lost and caught up in trying to blatantly hop on any and every wave that was hot at the moment.

That's why everyone started calling him Shang Tsung/Ditto and all that.

c8116.png

One day, he was Soulja Boy and then 24 hours later, he was tatted up, blowing tree, and trying to sound like everyone else.

Nobody likes male groupies... :yeshrug:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
We all clown this dude. I mean thats normal, but why? Most will say because he's trash. Which is true, but so is like 90% of these other nikkas out today are trash too with their flow and lyrics. His production is ok most of the time so I don't see the problem there. Other people will say, well he dikk rides and steal flows. Well so does your favorite rapper (drake). So what exactly does soulja boy do that others don't that makes him trash? Why do we clown him so hard?
This is exactly the problem and why artist like desiigner exist. Y'all just wanna give everything a pass. Imagine if the NBA just let anyone play? Where's the standards now? How can you call something trash yet be pro it? :mjlol:

Criticism isn't always hate... Saying d
Soulja is trash is a criticism because he is actually very bad at rap. Where's the hate?

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
some people are hated more than others around here but no one person/group REALLY gets a pass...there's always detractors to the dudes putting out shyt music successfully.

then to keep fake stunting is just insulting folks intelligence

MaxBundles

Veteran
Daps
This is exactly the problem and why artist like desiigner exist. Y'all just wanna give everything a pass. Imagine if the NBA just let anyone play? Where's the standards now? How can you call something trash yet be pro it? :mjlol:

Criticism isn't always hate... Saying d
Soulja is trash is a criticism because he is actually very bad at rap. Where's the hate?
Why is Lil Yachty getting a pass?
Why is 21 Savage getting a pass?
Why is Famous Dex getting a pass?

I can name sooo many more of these new garbage ass rappers and all them aint doing shyt different from Soulja

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Never checked for any of em.
Dude is right though. You might not have checked for em, but they getting passes on a major level. How can we call someone trash then turn a blind eye to others who are just as much trash or worse. Rap is nothing but a popularity game. I actually posted the latest lil yachty video in this very thread

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People don't talk shyt about Soulja Boy because he's wack. We talk shyt about Soulja Boy because he was doing his own thing and as soon as he lost a little bit of his buzz, he got lost and caught up in trying to blatantly hop on any and every wave that was hot at the moment.

That's why everyone started calling him Shang Tsung/Ditto and all that.

c8116.png

One day, he was Soulja Boy and then 24 hours later, he was tatted up, blowing tree, and trying to sound like everyone else.

Nobody likes male groupies... :yeshrug:

:jbhmm: Kinda like drake right?