Let’s Talk About Yonkers New York b!

KyokushinKarateMan

Train hard, fight easy
Daps
Reppin
U.S.
Anybody here from Yonkers or lived near there who can shed some light on this strange place that disrespectfully sits on top of the Bronx’s head? :lupe:
ao9uBDg.png

I know the LOX always be screaming about it, but is that it? Any athletes come out of there? Have Puerto Ricans long taken over it like I heard they did the Bronx? Do it have that gritty NY aura like its neighbor Bronx or it mostly middle class out there? I see they have hoods :lupe:

sddefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Wiki: “Yonkers (/ˈjɒŋkərz/[4]) is a city in Westchester County, New York, United States. The city, a core suburb of the New York Metropolitan Area had a population of 211,569 as of the 2020 United States Census.[5] It is classified as an inner suburb of New York City, located directly to the north of the Bronx and approximately 2.4 miles (4 km) north of Marble Hill, the northernmost point in Manhattan.”

Would Yonkers be a good place to move for someone wanting NYC access without NYC prices?(yes, I know it’s still technically nyc anyway but you know what I’m asking :beli:)

3zGqNAh.jpeg

a3070cd4-83f4-4b1e-8b99-2abafa11ca6e-mv030221ykswaterfront06.JPG

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
South Yonkers is questionable, but it's not that bad. I'm from The Bronx. Mt. Vernon is the same, and that's probably because it's right across the street, but that's all in Westchester County. It's calm for the most part though.
I'm from Mt. Vernon. Yonkers is bigger, the bad area (Getty Square) is live but small. The rest is just the suburbs. Central Ave part is strip mall after strip mall. The houses are actually pretty wack there compared to other Westchester city/towns. And I haven't been in awhile but they built a nice little restaurant hang out area near the Hudson river.

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ive driven past there. Real interesting. I got the feeling that because its facing the hudson, its a lot colder in the winter than a lot of places around the area Would not want to live there.

polio68

All Star
Daps
I'm from Mt. Vernon. Yonkers is bigger, the bad area (Getty Square) is live but small. The rest is just the suburbs. Central Ave part is strip mall after strip mall. The houses are actually pretty wack there compared to other Westchester city/towns. And I haven't been in awhile but they built a nice little restaurant hang out area near the Hudson river.
Cross County Mall area specifically

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anybody here from Yonkers or lived near there who can shed some light on this strange place that disrespectfully sits on top of the Bronx’s head? :lupe:
ao9uBDg.png

I know the LOX always be screaming about it, but is that it? Any athletes come out of there? Have Puerto Ricans long taken over it like I heard they did the Bronx? Do it have that gritty NY aura like its neighbor Bronx or it mostly middle class out there? I see they have hoods :lupe:

sddefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Wiki: “Yonkers (/ˈjɒŋkərz/[4]) is a city in Westchester County, New York, United States. The city, a core suburb of the New York Metropolitan Area had a population of 211,569 as of the 2020 United States Census.[5] It is classified as an inner suburb of New York City, located directly to the north of the Bronx and approximately 2.4 miles (4 km) north of Marble Hill, the northernmost point in Manhattan.”

Would Yonkers be a good place to move for someone wanting NYC access without NYC prices?(yes, I know it’s still technically nyc anyway but you know what I’m asking :beli:)

3zGqNAh.jpeg

a3070cd4-83f4-4b1e-8b99-2abafa11ca6e-mv030221ykswaterfront06.JPG
Dmx is from there