☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
:picard:How dare they paint the guy who REFUSED to support the ban on corporate money & lobbyists as an elitist
a lack of resources is why Dems lost a bunch of races.

You can be principled all you want, but if you aren't getting funds then something else has to give.

The law ALLOWS those donations. Its only the Dems who want to be on some high and mighty shyt.

Well guess what, you can play that game but you will lose cause the other team is doing it.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
:picard:How dare they paint the guy who REFUSED to support the ban on corporate money & lobbyists as an elitist
That doesn't make him an elitist. You're robbing these words of their meaning. And this is something that shouldn't need repeating, but you don't unilaterally disarm. You don't give Republicans another advantage. Why is this so hard to understand? Once you've actually managed to capture the house, senate, presidency and changed the ideological makeup of the supreme court, then you do away with things like cu/corporate donations/what-have-you. You can't rely on small donors to cover the budget needed to fuel a 50 state rebuilding effort. Right now, you gotta do what you gotta do in this garbage system until you get enough power to make the change.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
a lack of resources is why Dems lost a bunch of races.

You can be principled all you want, but if you aren't getting funds then something else has to give.

The law ALLOWS those donations. Its only the Dems who want to be on some high and mighty shyt.

Well guess what, you can play that game but you will lose cause the other team is doing it.
She lost anyway tho.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
That doesn't make him an elitist. You're robbing these words of their meaning. And this is something that shouldn't need repeating, but you don't unilaterally disarm. You don't give Republicans another advantage. Why is this so hard to understand? Once you've actually managed to capture the house, senate, presidency and changed the ideological makeup of the supreme court, then you do away with things like cu/corporate donations/what-have-you. You can't rely on small donors to cover the budget needed to fuel a 50 state rebuilding effort. Right now, you gotta do what you gotta do in this garbage system until you get enough power to make the change.
With the corporate $ come attachments obviously. And look at the scoreboard the Dems are losing at every level. It isn't working! If you are against corporate $ in our elections have some conviction and don'tt take corporate money.

Pull Up the Roots

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
With the corporate $ come attachments obviously. And look at the scoreboard the Dems are losing at every level. It isn't working! If you are against corporate $ in our elections have some conviction and don'tt take corporate money.
We're talking about the DNC, right? We lost seats because we lost touch with the people. Democrats became too Washington focused and left state parties to wither and die. *That* approach wasn't working. With an actual organizational budget and a renewed focus on rebuilding state parties maybe we can take some of those seats back.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
We're talking about the DNC, right? We lost seats because we lost touch with the people. Democrats became too Washington focused and left state parties to wither and die. *That* approach wasn't working. With an actual organizational budget and a renewed focus on rebuilding state parties maybe we can take some of those seats back.
Maybe? Na, stand for something. How does it look when you complain about $ in politics being speech and then take that $? You look stupid, being Republican light isn't working anymore people are fed up! Incremental change is not going to win anymore, we have to go hard left.

Pull Up the Roots

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Maybe? Na, stand for something. How does it look when you complain about $ in politics being speech and then take that $? You look stupid, being Republican light isn't working anymore people are fed up! Incremental change is not going to win anymore, we have to go hard left.
We've ceded every branch of the government to the Republicans, but at least we have the moral high ground? And what country are you living in where you believe going hard left is an option at the moment? Surely not America.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
We've ceded every branch of the government to the Republicans, but at least we have the moral high ground? And what country are you living in where you believe going hard left is an option at the moment? Surely not America.
Yes, this country. So people don't want the money out of politics? The end of the electoral college? Single payer healthcare? Higher minimum wage/higher wages in general? Higher taxes on capital gains? Progressive taxes? Free public college? College loan forgiveness? Are you sure? If so, we just disagree then.

Pull Up the Roots

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Yes, this country. So people don't want the money out of politics? The end of the electoral college? Single payer healthcare? Higher minimum wage/higher wages in general? Higher taxes on capital gains? Progressive taxes? Free public college? College loan forgiveness? Are you sure? If so, we just disagree then.
Sure, but not enough. Examples? Look at single payer failing in Vermont. And more recently, Colorado. Look at prop 61 failing to pass in California of all places. People like those ideas, but they don't want to pay the taxes necessary to fulfill those ideas. Hell, most don't want them, because they would benefit "others". America is not the country you believe it to be.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Sure, but not enough. Examples? Look at single payer failing in Vermont. And more recently, Colorado. Look at prop 61 failing to pass in California of all places. People like those ideas, but they don't want to pay the taxes necessary to fulfill those ideas. Hell, most don't want them, because they would benefit "others". America is not the country you believe it to be.
More than a few states also passed a higher minimum wage last year. And if Dem politicians actually didn't take corporate $ which hinders their proposed legislation they could actually do more.

Pull Up the Roots

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
More than a few states also passed a higher minimum wage last year. And if Dem politicians actually didn't take corporate $ which hinders their proposed legislation they could actually do more.
I gave you some examples of such policies and how they failed to pass. What's the explanation there?