Lil Wayne Names JAY-Z's Roc-A-Fella Records As Cash Money's Best Verzuz Competition

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Lil Wayne has named JAY-Z’s Roc-A-Fella Records as Cash Money’s best competition in a potential Verzuz battle.

Appearing on a recent episode of sportscaster and former NFL player Marcellus Wiley’s More to It podcast, Weezy was asked who he thinks would make a worthy opponent for Young Money or Cash Money in the Verzuz ring.

Despite legendary labels like No Limit Records, Death Row Records, Bad Boy Records and Quality Control Music being mentioned, Wayne settled on the Roc Boys.

“I would say the best competition, I would have to go with Roc-A-Fella,” he answered. “JAY-Z the homie.”

During the same interview, Lil Wayne called JAY-Z the greatest rapper ever, comparing him to seven-time Super Bowl champion Tom Brady.

“The greatest rapper of all time is Shawn ‘JAY-Z’ Carter,” he declared. “When you do this rapping thing, obviously like football, every sport is different. You play hockey, I’m sure they got something that they only know about. Something that they probably can’t explain, but only they know. That thing in rap, that we only know in rap, he has that. He’s the Tom Brady of that.”

Lil Wayne previously claimed JAY-Z tried to sign him to Roc-A-Fella Records for $175,000 during a 2016 interview on DJ Drama’s Shade 45 radio show.

“You know, when I went out to talk to him about being at Roc-A-Fella — and mind you, this was years ago,” he said at the time. “First of all, he was at the 40/40 in the daytime, and when I got up there he was talkin’, it was Denzel [Washington], it was Derek Jeter.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Jay Z & Kanye’s 20 alone is washing them

Nobody is tryna hear Lollipop, Mrs Officer, Best I Ever Had, the Motto in 2022 :mjlol:
Drake = Kanye
Wayne= Jay
Nicki> most the rest.
Juve handling the rest of the light weights
Big tymers cleaning up any stragglers.

Budda

Superstar
Daps
Jay Z & Kanye’s 20 alone is washing them

Nobody is tryna hear Lollipop, Mrs Officer, Best I Ever Had, the Motto in 2022 :mjlol:

Mrs officer is a great song.

Best I had will win a lot of people in that generation due to nostalgia, lollipop was more over exposed and a tad more corny but the rest of the songs are legit.

Iverson_64

Superstar
Daps
YMCMB had a dope run for sure but Roc A Fella will wash them with the right selection. They just have way too many quality records while Young Money's records were always hit or miss. Young Money will only be able to compete if they can use features but, on solo records, there's no competition.

1. Dead Presidents
2. Big Pimpin
3. Can't Tell Me Nothin
4. Is That Your Chick?
5. Slow Jamz
6. Imaginary Players
7. Song Cry
8. Gold Digger
9. I Just Wanna...
10. Change The Game
11. It's Alright
12. Flashing Lights
13. Through The Wire
14. Hard Knock Life
15. Dirt Off Your Shoulder
16. Run This Town
17. U Don't Know
18. Money Ain't A Thang
19. Power
20. nikkas In Paris

And that's ALL solo records. No features. No beats Ye/Blaze did for others. No mixtapes. Hell, I didn't even include Camron's shyt. Young Money got the quantity but the quality is so hit or miss that some of those songs are gonna get laughed right out of the Verzuz stage. Imagine Young Money playing "Got Money", "Fireman", "Find Your Love", "Pound The Alarm" and "Knockout" to any of the songs on my list. :mjlol: :camby:

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
please memphis bleek and them wont have no input, beanie sigel couple tracks and Jay music hasn't aged with useless production of the times to be mainstream.

kanye only challenge but for 10 tracks.

cash money would wash them, straight dove soap blankets!