Lion vs Silverback Gorilla: who would win?

Sword

Rookie
Daps
  1. books
    https://books.google.com/books?id=P1...IVQnkmCh16VgmF

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Screenshot_119.png

Screenshot_37.png

http://fultonhistory.com/Newspaper 11/Geneva NY Daily Times/Geneva NY Daily Times 1902 Nov-Oct 1903 Grayscale/Geneva NY Daily Times 1902 Nov-Oct 1903 Grayscale - 0408.pdf

Again, leopards have killed several gorillas in ambush or in head to head, so I dont see how the gorilla fairs well against a lion, who would decimate a leopard. The gorilla does not have a mane that protects his neck.
I think leopards are the only predators that gorillas have.

Lions and gorillas don't even live in the same habitat.

In a way it's like comparing a shark and a hippo.

Sword

Rookie
Daps

Sword

Rookie
Daps
i dunno whats worse that i read 21 pages of this :francis: or dudes sayin that silverback gorillas are beast from x-men

wasn't there a show on discovery channel or animal planet awhile back that did these with scientic research

edit found it
Animal Face-Off - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well it seems they were right about the asiatic lion one against the bengal tiger:
Asiatic lion vs Bengal tiger

And I think there gorilla killing a leopard with ajudo chop is possible, but not porbable...no dought if he did catch the leopard in a downward smack like the video, it will kill the leopard...since the leopard is relatively a 100 pound animal, but catching him with a blow would be the gorillas biggest obstacle...if tigers who are vastly faster and agile in movements cant catch the leopard, I dought a gorilla would, for the ape landing a blow like that would be more out of luck than skill.

Sword

Rookie
Daps
Daps
The lion would win :smugfavre:

Brock lesnar could probably get the drop on the silver back gorilla at the least.:ld:

You gotta be on a high level on the combat meter to hang with the king of the jungle.:smugfavre:

Sword

Rookie
Daps
Like what was shown so far, lions have killed about 20 or so bears, some weighing over 900 lbs, killed over 70 tigers from bengals to siberians, slew a city of hyenas, killed over a 100 animals with one blow of the paw like eland which can weigh up to 4,000 lbs, frequently hunts buffalo, crocs, hippo, and giraffe, sometimes even kills them all alone by a single male lion. Has a protecting mane which seems theres less than 5 accounts in all of history of any animal by-passing it, and just so happens to have the title King of the beast...against...the gorilla, who has practically no hunting or fighting feats and just so happens to be affiliated with King kong, a fictional guy who seems to hype up his reputation to lifting cars and trucks over his head like nothing.

As the other thread showed, lions can tank animals 10x larger than a gorilla:

141-160201105450B8.jpg

A lone lion who killed a pretty big elephant, from the book:
"this male killed this elephant entirely on its own" - Google Search

They can ram into 6 year old elephants an bring them down single handedly:
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/no.../#.Vt6JMJwrLIW

A 6 year old elephant is still quite bigger than the gorilla
http://www.novinite.com/inpictures/9...nd+at+the+Ich&

I mean the gorilla looks good for his money, can weigh just as much as a lion, looks imposing and strong, massive head and arms, but in terms of feats...the gorilla will do either fairly well to pull off a stalemate situation, or the ape will be a screaming mess.

Last edited:

Sword

Rookie
Daps
Nah, just skimmed past credible stuff that looked interesting...other wise the people here would still be arguing that gorillas can toss 2 tons around like nothing, only elephants have that type of strength.