Lipinets' Manager: Indongo Will Face Crawford, Belt Will Be Vacant

CEITEDMOFO

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lipinets' Manager: Indongo Will Face Crawford, Belt Will Be Vacant
By Igor Lazorin, tass

Junior welterweight contender Sergey Lipinets will not get a mandatory crack at champion Julius Indongo, according to the Russian boxer's manager Alex Vaysfeld.
Lipinets is the mandatory challenger under the International Boxing Federation (IBF) and the sanctioning body has ordered Indongo to meet his mandatory obligation.
Indongo has become a top force at the weight after his two most recent fights. Last December, he traveled to Russia to score a sensational first round knockout of undefeated Eduard Troyanovsky to capture the IBF, IBO world titles. Then last month, he went over to Scotland and dominated Ricky Burns over twelve rounds to secure the WBA belt as well.

according to Vaysfeld, he expects Indongo to finalize a fight with WBC, WBO champion Terence Crawford - which is going to leave the IBF title vacant.
Last weekend, Indongo traveled over to the United States and sat ringside as Crawford stopped Olympic gold medal winner Felix Diaz at New York City's Madison Square Garden.

Afterwards, Crawford's promoter, Bob Arum of Top Rank, said a unification with Indongo was their top priority for Crawford's next fight. Both boxers have expressed the desire to face each other next.

When or where Indongo-Crawford would take place is unknown. Arum stated that his company would not sit back and wait for HBO to come up with an available date for the fight. He plans to move forward with Crawford's career, with or without HBO.

The fight with Indogo won't happen, he will fight with Terence Crawford. The IBF will appoint a contender [to fight Lipinets] and we expect that fight will take place in August," Vaysfeld said.
Indongo has an undefeated record of 22 victories (11 by KO) and no losses, while Lipinets has a record of 12 wins (10 by KO) and no losses.

H.I.M.

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Don't the IBF's own rules place the precedence of unifications above mandatories or is that another ABC org? :jbhmm:

He just won that title 6 months ago and defended it last month and they're trying to make him sign a fight with a mandatory a little under two months (june 3rd) of his 1st defense and just 7 months after winning the title? :jbhmm:

shyt like this is why we'll probably never see a guy hold "all the belts" again...you're going to have to fight AT LEAST every 3 months in order to maintain all of 'em...which i have no problem with btw, but most fighters these days ain't tryna fight on that type of schedule.

Crawford should chill for minute, let him fight the mandatory...and instead target Pac.

Can't get Pac by July-August then target Indongo-Lipinets winner for all the belts.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't the IBF's own rules place the precedence of unifications above mandatories or is that another ABC org? :jbhmm:

He just won that title 6 months ago and defended it last month and they're trying to make him sign a fight with a mandatory a little under two months (june 3rd) of his 1st defense and just 7 months after winning the title? :jbhmm:

shyt like this is why we'll probably never see a guy hold "all the belts" again...you're going to have to fight AT LEAST every 3 months in order to maintain all of 'em...which i have no problem with btw, but most fighters these days ain't tryna fight on that type of schedule.

Crawford should chill for minute, let him fight the mandatory...and instead target Pac.

Can't get Pac by July-August then target Indongo-Lipinets winner for all the belts.

Right

4 different belt 4 different mandatories

:heh:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
I do hope Crawford moves up now and Indongo beats Lipinets' whining, "have no patience", "blocking a 4 title unification" ass.

HamAndEgger

All Star
Daps
Whose he going to fight though?

147 is dominated by haymon guys

That's what I fear for Crawford's immediate future. Arum seems like he's wanting to use Manny as a springboard for Crawford but how long is that gonna take on top of Manny wanting a boat load of money?. I also didn't realize until recently that Crawford's damn near 30 :hhh: and all those Haymon guys are getting the big / notable fights. I'm not sure what Crawford's Top Rank contract looks like but I gotta think he and his team are like :gucci: with Arum. Adding to that, Cameron Duncan's also his "manager" who works for Bob. Crawford also doesn't seem as "business minded" like some of Arum's previous fighters who jumped ship and ended up making more money and landed big fights.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's what I fear for Crawford's immediate future. Arum seems like he's wanting to use Manny as a springboard for Crawford but how long is that gonna take on top of Manny wanting a boat load of money?. I also didn't realize until recently that Crawford's damn near 30 :hhh: and all those Haymon guys are getting the big / notable fights. I'm not sure what Crawford's Top Rank contract looks like but I gotta think he and his team are like :gucci: with Arum. Adding to that, Cameron Duncan's also his "manager" who works for Bob. Crawford also doesn't seem as "business minded" like some of Arum's previous fighters who jumped ship and ended up making more money and landed big fights.
What's exactly the plan with Crawford anyways ? If arum truly wanted him to take off he would of already sacrificed manny to him. From what I'm seeing pac only wants easy fights for the rest of his career. Crawford seriously needs a new management team he doesn't have a future right now at 147, it's like arum is purposely plateaued his career