listening to an artist after they pass on

jackson35

Banned
Daps
for some strange reason, i can't watch purple rain anymore. i tried over the weekend, but the feeling i get when watching it is gone. do any of you have this issue

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
i don't do it either, it's too much for me. seems borderline worship like. i understand why people are moved to do it but i'm not that type of person. i can listen to him, sure, but not while all this is happening. i'm just trying not to get all caught up in the shyt, rarely seems worth it, to me. unless i'm really trying to reflex on something about the artist. but, i can wait till later, no need to do it because he JUST died. that's the part that eats me up; everyone doing it.

what i HAVE been doing is watching interviews though, and hearing him speak. i wish i could have talked with him before he died, even worked with him beyond musical ideas. but i think it's different for me because i am a musician, or i'd suspect the difference comes from that element

jackson35

Banned
Daps
i don't do it either, it's too much for me. seems borderline worship like. i understand why people are moved to do it but i'm not that type of person. i can listen to him, sure, but not while all this is happening. i'm just trying not to get all caught up in the shyt, rarely seems worth it, to me. unless i'm really trying to reflex on something about the artist. but, i can wait till later, no need to do it because he JUST died. that's the part that eats me up; everyone doing it.

what i HAVE been doing is watching interviews though, and hearing him speak. i wish i could have talked with him before he died, even worked with him beyond musical ideas. but i think it's different for me because i am a musician, or i'd suspect the difference comes from that element
this is just the movie, i havent even try to play his music yet