Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Milk

Pro
Daps
Reppin
England

If you've been listening to New York radio the past couple of weeks, you are not experiencing déjà vu. They're playing two new songs with the same beat — Beanie Sigel's "Feel It in the Air" and Black Rob's "Live From the Eastside." Believe it or not, it's not a case of one biting the other, but rather a serious case of miscommunication between producer Heavy D and the two rappers. "You know what? That's never happened to me in my life," Black Rob said last week at New York's Daddy's House studio. Rob's record came out about a month ago via the mixtape The Return of Black Rob. Sigel's song surfaced a couple of weeks ago. "Heavy D exclusively came here to give me that beat," Rob said. "With him coming over here exclusively to put that in my hands, I felt it's [just for] me. Heav's a family member, he's part of the Bad Boy Family. At the end of the day you gotta eat. I don't blame him. I got other joints that will blast off. That was just a hot joint, man. Good luck to Beans with that." Though Rob says he's not upset with the Heavster, he will admit to being disappointed because he'd wanted to use "Live From the Eastside" on his February 15 release, The Rob Report. "Heav was trying to send me another beat to substitute for that one, but it ain't working. I don't feel that same feel. That [beat] put me right in the heart of Uptown at Sugar Shack Lounge [with] the grimiest of n---as, the get-money n---as. That's where I needed to be."
Source: Heavy D Gives Same Beat to Black Rob and Beanie Sigel - Rap Worlds Forums