Lonely Island return for new film: Popstar - Never Stop Never Stopping

Thighmaster B

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not GhostBusters bad, but still bad.

This looks like a SNL sketch stretched into a movie. Keanu looks like that too, but it looks funnier.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
shyt looks funny to me :laugh:

Then again I like stupid shyt, I fux with Hot Rod and the LI albums.

Exactly. Looks like a combo of both movies.
two disgustingly underrated comedies. Maybe "Hot Rod" gets its due b/c it's on Netflix, but no one talks about Walk Hard, despite it being one of the best comedies since 2000.

Side rant - why the fukk isn't a movie like that or "Get Him to the Greek" on a streaming site? Where the hell are they being seen? I own both on dvd, but still, they should be on Netflix

Conz

Superstar
Daps
this movie was friggin great, and it flopped hard. i have a theory. comedy is dying a slow death thanks to the new generation of kids/teens watching horrificially unfunny bullshyt on youtube and vine. I weep for the future of comedy in film, b/c that generation is gonna fukkin ruin it. i don't think "smart comedy" (and im not saying this movie is really smart) has a much longer life ahead of it.

get off my lawn and whatnot

but seriously, comedies set in the world of music stay underrated. This. Walk Hard. Get Him to the Greek. these are funny ass classic movies to me.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
this movie was friggin great, and it flopped hard. i have a theory. comedy is dying a slow death thanks to the new generation of kids/teens watching horrificially unfunny bullshyt on youtube and vine. I weep for the future of comedy in film, b/c that generation is gonna fukkin ruin it. i don't think "smart comedy" (and im not saying this movie is really smart) has a much longer life ahead of it.

but seriously, comedies set in the world of music stay underrated. This. Walk Hard. Get Him to the Greek. these are funny ass classic movies to me.

Don't care for Greek, but agree on other counts. It's not that satire or mockumentaries are some sort of elevated level of comedy, but they require a little more thought beyond gross-out gags and the Apatow style of improved insult comedy.

The final bit was a miss for me, but the first 80% was damn great. The songs are, as you'd expect, absurdly great.

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps

Honestly I think vine/twitter might save comedy if anything. Cuz as annoying as social media can be, some of the memes and other stuff I see on twitter is funnier/wittier/smarter than anything I've seen in a movie or on TV in years.

I read this article a couple years ago about "Comedy without Jokes" and agreed with most of it. Modern comedies like Hangover and the Apatow movies aren't joke driven, they are character driven.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/29/magazine/the-hangover-and-the-age-of-the-jokeless-comedy.html?_r=0

Conz

Superstar
Daps
well there are so many more outlets now, that some truly good comedic voices will sqeek through, but i look at the shyt that my little cousins find hysterical and it's not even a joke in any capacity. also, meme culture is crap. for every 200 crying Jordans posted, 2 or 3 are truly creative. also, with the internet, everyone is just stealing their shyt anyway. if you read a truly great joke on twitter, wait a week, then search for that joke, 1000 people will have made it their own.