Long distance relationships, how do it? Is it worth it?

CosmicMars21

Rookie
Daps
Its doable, but its not easy and requires more than just being in and enjoy a relationship. It's expensive.

being in a casual long distance relationship is just silly and a waste of time. Also some people aren't and some people are built for it.

If you don't know how to be alone, not have sex all the time or enjoy time with just yourself you might not want to do it.

Its almost like being married but without the intimacy of marriage. It requires a lot of trust and knowing that the person is dedicated to you.

Basically its hard, but anything worth having is hard.

Relationship these day's are way to casual anyway. In a twist of things LD might be the ultimate test of weather you and your partner are ready for the long term.

If you don't have a end goal like moving together and or marriage its pretty pointless and will lead to headache and heartache.
Very true. I like the way you’ve explained it. Definitely realized that it is literally like a marriage without the intimacy since you are not physically with the other person. I really do enjoy spending time by myself too though. I think we can definitely do it.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
2 hours is nothing. No you won’t just pull up at his spot after work on a Tuesday but y’all can realistically spend every weekend together. Even if you have the odd day off in the middle of the week, you can leave at 8 the night before and drive home the following night or even stay two nights and drive home at like 5am. It’s not around the corner, but that’s not a prohibitive distance and there’s a timeline for him to come back.

We’re currently on opposite coasts and it’s annoying. Takes hella planning to see each other especially since we both have active social and/or work lives that require travel.

CosmicMars21

Rookie
Daps
2 hours is nothing. No you won’t just pull up at his spot after work on a Tuesday but y’all can realistically spend every weekend together. Even if you have the odd day off in the middle of the week, you can leave at 8 the night before and drive home the following night or even stay two nights and drive home at like 5am. It’s not around the corner, but that’s not a prohibitive distance and there’s a timeline for him to come back.

We’re currently on opposite coasts and it’s annoying. Takes hella planning to see each other especially since we both have active social and/or work lives that require travel.
Yeah it’ll definitely work for us.

Dang that’s tough. Expensive I’m assuming too.