Longtime NYC residents, what's your gripes with the city

All Star
Daps
Air it out. What's your problems with the city other than the obvious gentrification going on? Or is that the only problem? I want to know what you all think, especially people that have been there 15+ years. I've seen the same thing happen with DC, but honestly I wouldn't say that it was 100% negative. It has its pros and cons just like everything else.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Everything is getting too expensive...:yeshrug: I wish the trains run on time and not be held up by bullshyt construction.... The bums they need to do something with these people :mjcry: it's sad that they have like nowhere to go...

The overabundance of cops in the hood need to stop, stop sitting there flashing your lights for no reason. we know your there, go on 5th ave and do that shyt...:beli:

All Star
Daps
Everything is getting too expensive...:yeshrug: I wish the trains run on time and not be held up by bullshyt construction.... The bums they need to do something with these people :mjcry: it's sad that they have like nowhere to go...

The overabundance of cops in the hood need to stop, stop sitting there flashing your lights for no reason. we know your there, go on 5th ave and do that shyt...:beli:
Just left this Nyc this morning, don't think I went 10 minutes without seeing a homeless person while I was there.First train I hopped on two of them were sprawled out across the seats.

BlackPrint

The Mayor
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Feels at times as though the city is just trying to squeeze every penny they can from you. Nearly everyone I know has gotten a bullshyt ticket in the last year. The Transit system functions like a cartel

All of this manifests itself in a city that constantly feels like it's inhabited by robots with little personal time or liberties... Everyone is constantly going to work, complaining about a roomate or on their way to court.. Leaves little time for what builds the character of a city as a whole.. The city wasn't like that 10 years ago.

SUAJCS*93*

Banned
Daps

Thank you!

Especially the part about the boys. I hate when you catch them playing the roof and then they move back real quick.

Too late piggy I already spotted you, I'm just going to the store to get a beef patty with mozzarella cheese and an Arizona, leave us the fukk alone! :why:

All Star
Daps
The overabundance of cops in the hood need to stop, stop sitting there flashing your lights for no reason.
This is interesting. But I have a question. Are these areas with increased police presence the hood or are they formerly hood? Cops normally don't hang in the hood, they hang in areas that are gentrifying to make sure the cacs feel safe.

VFib

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Me, myself and I
Homeless people in Manhattan and on the trains during the weekend.

Construction and closed lanes during the week, leading to delays in commute.