Looks like Ridley Scott's "The Counselor" is going to be garbage. smh

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
It looked like something Tony Scott would have done. This is shytty news.
Yeah. I knew something was up when it still had no reviews up yesterday despite the commercial quoting reviews. I just expect such greatness from Ridley that I can't watch something that's mediocre from him (even tho hes done mediocre films before)

I just wish he would focus on what he's best at (scifi). Or at least something badass like Gladiator.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
At least Tony would've made it entertaining. Ridley lost his touch for making movies enjoyable years ago. Most of the stuff he's done post-Gladiator has been bloated.
I gotta disagree, Black Hawk Down, Matchstick Men (love love love this film), American Gangster and Prometheus were very good imo. Despite it's flaws, I really really like Prometheus. I also enjoyed Kingdom of Heaven but it got shyt on by critics. Has anyone seen Robin Hood? Never caught that flick.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Daps
Kingdom of Heaven (the directors cut) is his best movie to date, Soundtrack, Action, Storytelling :ohlawd:

is Counselor also the one where penolope cruz and cameron diaz are lesbos?

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Kingdom of Heaven (the directors cut) is his best movie to date, Soundtrack, Action, Storytelling :ohlawd:
Yeah, I don't think I ever saw just the theatrical cut, only the directors which may be why I enjoyed it, What the hell did they add that changed it so much from the theatrical?

JackBrannigan

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
At least Tony would've made it entertaining. Ridley lost his touch for making movies enjoyable years ago. Most of the stuff he's done post-Gladiator has been bloated.
I agree about Tony. Imagine if Ridley did a movie like Domino. That was mostly likely pure D shyt before Tony touched it. And some people still think it is, but I love it.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Daps
Yeah, I don't think I ever saw just the theatrical cut, only the directors which may be why I enjoyed it, What the hell did they add that changed it so much from the theatrical?

Alot of heavy editing from test audiences that didnt get it mainly christians and jews catching feelings

AlphaOne

OFT XI E Squad
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Icey / XO
38%

Time to file a :flabbynsick: application for Ridley Scott.

My second most anticipated movie of the year and it's not even at 60%.:smh:

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ridley Scott is the epitome of hit and miss

Obviously he has classics(Alien, Blade Runner, Gladiator, Blackhawk Down)

But he also has a ton of flicks that should've been great but ended up being disappointing(Hannibal, Kingdom of Heaven, American Gangster, Prometheus, Robin Hood)

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
About 45 minutes of integral character development. I've seen both versions, it's ridiculous how much better the movie is with the directors cut. One of my favorite movies, actually.

I fukkING KNEW this movie was going to be bad, though. Even at his best Ridley isn't the type of director to properly replicate the subtlety in Cormac's work. He likes these vivid characters, and melodrama. Applying his stylistic flourishes to a Cormac script was only ever going to come off cheesy. The casting alone was enough to cause worry. Why the hell do you get Cameron Diaz to portray what is clearly supposed to be a complex character? :dwillhuh: Not to mention just from the vibe he's giving off in the trailers, Pitt's character looks to be a rehash of Harrelson's from No Country.

I know I'm still going to give it a shot (eventually) in hopes of being wrong, but nothing about this movie sat right with me.

Ice Cold

King of Blades
Daps
dang i forgot that tony scott died and actually thought he directed this.... dang thats a shame that it probably sucks though