Looks like Xbots have already thrown in the towel. Now they’re dreaming of a new console in 2026

Half A $

Pro
Daps
I can honestly say at this point we know more about Xbox future planned slate of games than we know about Sony's. Xbox has games announced like State of Decay 3, Everwild, Perfect Dark, The Outer Worlds 2, Fable, Blade, South of Midnight, and Clockwork Revolution in the pipeline. They've got stuff like Avowed and Hellblade II dated for 2024. That's not even getting to the obvious unannounced stuff like whatever Double Fine is working on, the Indiana Jones game from MachineGames. They haven't really been playing it too close to the chest it's just that software development takes time.

No fukking shyt we know more about these xbox games

Most of them were announced last decade

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Microsoft does not exist to be just profitable.
I mean they have a 3 pillar strategy. Console, PC, mobile. All of those aren't going to be equal and even at its best console probably has the least potential.
No fukking shyt we know more about these xbox games

Most of them were announced last decade
2020 is like just turning 4 years ago. Hasn't been that long. Really Hellblade II is the longest of those titles and clearly there was a change in scope after purchase.

Last edited:
Daps
Xbozos "We going to do a Wii U to Switch!"
Reality "They have no games for the first 2-3 years even with 35 studios and 80 billion plus spent"
Maybe Phil can pull off a Wii U to Switch move by finally acquiring the one company that knows how to do that sort of move, Nintendo.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The real problem with a 2026 new Xbox and why it likely won't happen is developers aren't going to go for that. The PlayStation is the definitive high spec home console and developers are not going to target a new Xbox over it. They'll make PS5 games and that will be the lead platform regardless of how powerful the Xbox is. Hell the current Xbox is more powerful and developers mostly don't care. The newer spec hardware will be lost on them and thus not worth as much.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The real problem with a 2026 new Xbox and why it likely won't happen is developers aren't going to go for that. The PlayStation is the definitive high spec home console and developers are not going to target a new Xbox over it. They'll make PS5 games and that will be the lead platform regardless of how powerful the Xbox is. Hell the current Xbox is more powerful and developers mostly don't care. The newer spec hardware will be lost on them and thus not worth as much.

Them releasing a new console in 2026 doesn’t make 3rd party devs hop over to making games that target their hardware, they will still use the PS5 as the default console platform. Their own games that have been in development for years already (that probably started on the Xbox one at this point) still have to release on the series consoles.

:skip:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
ngl…that’s funny as hell especially this part…

…if it wasn’t for starfield, I would’ve probably gone close to a year without even turning on my xbox
Never understood when people say stuff like this.

You sure as hell weren’t playing playstation exclusives all year.

Most of what you played was 3rd party stuff that you chose to play on playstation, which is fine, but a person could just as easily say “I wouldn’t have turned my playstation on all year if it wasn’t for spider-man”

Dudes on here would get highly upset at that assertion tho :ohhh:

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
This is no different than WB constantly rebooting DCEU movies with new actors and hoping the next one sticks. At a certain point, your Ls start compounding and all you have left is a mountain of shytty decisions that become forever associated with your brand. A new Xbox won't erase people's memories of the last decade, it'll only annoy the people who got left holding the bag on their Series consoles, who are their main customers anyway.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Never understood when people say stuff like this.

You sure as hell weren’t playing playstation exclusives all year.

Most of what you played was 3rd party stuff that you chose to play on playstation, which is fine, but a person could just as easily say “I wouldn’t have turned my playstation on all year if it wasn’t for spider-man”

Dudes on here would get highly upset at that assertion tho :ohhh:
It’s a mindshare thing. People overwhelmingly prefer PlayStation. It’s something Xbox hasn’t really had much success combating. People like you prefer your Xbox but getting outsold 3-1 it’s clear what the common gamer prefers. I don’t think PlayStation has had a particularly strong showing this generation overall. They were ripe for Xbox to go at them hard and that still didn’t happen.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This is no different than WB constantly rebooting DCEU movies with new actors and hoping the next one sticks. At a certain point, your Ls start compounding and all you have left is a mountain of shytty decisions that become forever associated with your brand. A new Xbox won't erase people's memories of the last decade, it'll only annoy the people who got left holding the bag on their Series consoles, who are their main customers anyway.

dig-up.png

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It’s a mindshare thing. People overwhelmingly prefer PlayStation. It’s something Xbox hasn’t really had much success combating. People like you prefer your Xbox but getting outsold 3-1 it’s clear what the common gamer prefers. I don’t think PlayStation has had a particularly strong showing this generation overall. They were ripe for Xbox to go at them hard and that still didn’t happen.
Yeah, sony stan’s just be saying dumb shyt :stopitslime: