Lose your hands, feet and part of your face for kissing dogs brehs

CrownHeights

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
180917170755-02-infection-dog-capnocytophaga-exlarge-169.jpg

(CNN)By the time Greg Manteufel, 48, reached the hospital in late June, "my face was all red and blue, and it started going down the rest of my body," he said.

"My arms, my chest, everything was changing colors," said Manteufel, of West Bend, Wisconsin.
Manteufel initially thought he had a bad case of the flu, but in his blood, doctors discovered a type of bacteria normally found in the mouths of dogs and cats.

:scust: fukk was he doing with that dog?

These bacteria rarely make humans sick, but Manteufel's infection -- and how his body responded -- caused surgeons to amputate parts of his nose and limbs, including both hands and feet.

"Just do whatever you have to do to save my life," Manteufel recalled telling his doctors at Froedtert Hospital in Milwaukee.

The type of bacterium, Capnocytophaga canimorsus, is "completely normal flora of a dog's mouth and usually doesn't cause any sort of significant disease. However, in the wrong place, at the wrong time, in the wrong patient ... it can lead to severe infections -- but very, very rarely," said Dr. Stephen Cole, a lecturer in veterinary microbiology at the University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine. Cole was not involved in Manteufel's care.

Munoz-Price said, "we are not certain how it ended up in his bloodstream" and estimated that she sees only a small handful of cases a year.

However, she added that "we are hypothesizing that it was because of a dog lick," because Manteufel had no obvious injuries and because he had been in contact with dogs, including his 8-year-old pit bull.
"We will probably never know," she said.

"dog lick?" :hhh:

Let your nasty ass dogs, the same one's that lick it's own ass and eats its own poop, lick your mouths brehs. Sounds like a dirty Sanchez gone wrong :lolbron:

Man loses hands and feet after dog-related infection - CNN