Lost Ones by Lauryn Hill is underrated as a diss track

Yagirlcheatinonus

Icon Poster
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember her getting sued for that. A group said they co wrote and co produced most of the dang album.

But didn't she have a few songs on that album directed at Clef over that affair within an affair love child she had. :jbhmm:
If I'm not mistaken the group of writers were never acknowledged when she won all those Grammys. She was used for like 2-3 mill.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven

She lowkey killed Wyclef on this

Basically called him a demonic, controlling, hypocritical fukkboy who sold his soul for riches and was angry she was getting success on her own. Also warned him to keep her name out his mouth or else :ufdup:

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned :whew:

the mix and mastering on this song is fukking immaculate

the vocals, backup vocals, beat... everything :wow:

Yagirlcheatinonus

Icon Poster
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To be really real Clef responsible for Destiny Child No No No No No No:wow:

Lauren always been talented she was in that sista act movie with whoopi:ehh:. I just think when it comes to her own career, The Fugees biggest hit was a Roberta remake. So it's not like that's her work either even though she done a he'll of a job at remaking it. Once her solo career started she was just throwing singles out before the album even dropped. She was talented for sure but she has help with that miseducation album

Last edited:

PIFF101

Bring back the Golden Era
Daps
Reppin
The Mecca of HipHop
She would've been the top female of MC rappers that no one could've touched had she still continued her work from the Fugees to Miseducation Of Lauryn Hill till now on a consistent basis. Lyrically she's gifted. Lost Ones and that whole album is PIFF.

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.

She lowkey killed Wyclef on this

Basically called him a demonic, controlling, hypocritical fukkboy who sold his soul for riches and was angry she was getting success on her own. Also warned him to keep her name out his mouth or else :ufdup:...

Man... when I first heard the track I was legit like ... :merchant:

Sounded like prophecy. Like it wasn't even her speaking... it was from a higher power.

Still one of the most powerful diss tracks I've heard... low key.