Love your Fathers, Stepfathers, Grandfathers, and Uncle Phils brehs

Judo

Producer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LevelUp+ 2020 & Beyond
First and foremost, Happy Father's Day! I just wanna :salute: to all those who are or who stands in the that powerful position, doing the best they can with their heart and soul in being the best role model they can ever be.:wow:

Y'all seriously don't get the recognition y'all truly deserve. It took me a long time to realize how hard it is to be one. I am not a father. I don't have any kids yet, but I hope when the day comes, I can fit those shoes in bringing up my own child to be the best they can be in this harsh cruel world, especially for us black men.:jawalrus:

I feel very lucky to even having three father's in my life. Two who step into my life, that helped me be strong against the evils that try to break me down and my biological father who I recently visit a month back. I haven't personally talked to him in over 7 years. It wasn't his fault. I had mixed feelings on a lot of things between us and my life. He wasn't the perfect father, but he did decide to change and make peace on things he didn't do right, asking for forgiveness.

At first I accepted it, but I still was confused about him. I still had a lot to learn growing up with him half way in and out of my life. He did do memorable things that I will never forget, that made me happy and the person I am today, and I will never forget that. :mjcry:

My other two fathers, they really are something else. They put me on game on so much shyt. :ohlawd: One bought me the first slim PS2 fresh out of the box, that I still play, and bought me a stingray bike for xmas that I rode on that same day in the cold down here in the south The other taught me how to drive, helping me learn on working on cars, and use hardware tools to crate or make nothing out of something. If it wasn't for them, I don't who I would be today.:mjcry:

It's not easy. It never is. Being a black man is hard, but being a black father is even harder, and I will always put respect on that. :obama:

I just want you to know that where ever you are and whatever you do everyday as a father, stepfather, grandfather, or a uncle phil who steps in those shoes and carries out probably one of the biggest responsibilities a black man has to hold, always remember that someone will always appreciate you. This world would never be same without y'all. :salute::ohlawd:

If you haven't stayed in touch with your father let him know how much you appreciate them. Tag em in facebook post. Send a text message. Call them. Leave a voicemail even. Support your father as much as he supported you.
E9HLkIY6.gif

Quotes:
“You don’t raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they’ll turn out to be heroes, even if it’s just in your own eyes.” –Walter M. Schirra, Sr.

“Some dads liken the impending birth of a child to the beginning of a great journey.” –Marcus Jacob Goldman

“One father is more than a hundred schoolmasters.” –George Herbert

“Sherman made the terrible discovery that men make about their fathers sooner or later . . . that the man before him was not an aging father but a boy, a boy much like himself, a boy who grew up and had a child of his own and, as best he could, out of a sense of duty and, perhaps love, adopted a role called Being a Father so that his child would have something mythical and infinitely important: a Protector, who would keep a lid on all the chaotic and catastrophic possibilities of life.” –Tom Wolfe, The Bonfire of the Vanities

“The best way of training the young is to train yourself at the same time; not to admonish them, but to be seen never doing that of which you would admonish them.” –Plato
Exp6Zn44_o.png