Lovelies, how long would you stay engaged to a man?

Would You Stay Engaged With A Man For 5+ Years?

• Yesh

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Nope

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • Depends

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
I was looking up some info on 48 year old Nia Long and saw she's been engaged to her baby daddy since 2013.

It's about to be 2019.

At first I thought, "damn why haven't they sealed the deal and made it official on paper yet". Then I said to myself "damn, why is Nia Long still with dude".....then I thought to myself "well, it must be hard to break away from someone who gave you an engagement ring and is the father of your children".

So ladies, would you stay with a man after 5+ years of being engaged? And do children influence the decision? Does your age influence the decision?

Yinny

Biracial a little bit
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
I don’t believe in children before marriage but I can understand a woman’s preference to stay with their kids’ father. As for a five year engagement, ehh :smh:. No I’m not going to keep calling a man my fiancé for five years. Obviously they aren’t serious about it.

Last edited:

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
I don’t believe in children before marriage but I can understand a woman’s preference to stay with their kids’ father. As for a five year engagement, ehh :smh:. No I’m not going to keep calling a man my fiancé for five years. Obviously they aren’t serious about it.
How long would you stay engaged before calling it off?

Shykai

Rookie
Daps
5+ years is a long long time to be engaged. Like isn't the whole engagement period the time were you guys try to organise the wedding and life after the wedding? I can understand wanting to put off the wedding for some time to save up money for the ceremony, honeymoon, the wedding bands etc. But 5 years is taking the piss. At most I think I would do 3 years but even then I think I'm being fairly accomodating!

Nikki_04

All Star
Daps
IDK who in their relationship is preventing them from moving on to getting married, but it could not be me. I think engagements should not be longer than a year.

Daps
I'm not down for a long engagement. If we are on the five year plan, we should not announce the engagement until a year before the official wedding date

Abraxus

All Star
Daps
2 years tops. One person getting sick and delaying for treatment and recovery, is the only exception I can think of.

Two year, at most three. I’d never do it in a year or less. Not me. Met a ignorant mf who kept telling me she won’t keep giving the milk for free to me and it wasn’t even a year yet. Then to make it worst her old bag lady ass mama kept trying to talk me into marriage when she herself had recently gotten married. At almost 60. Told em both to go kick rocks. You trying to get someone to marry you, you don’t talk like that and give ultimatums. Be a mans comfort and show him what you bring that other hoes don’t bring. FOH :dahell:

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
I'm not a woman but I voted yes cause a woman isn't gonna leave a dude at the engagement phase so she can go be single and hope another breh gets on a knee.