Luke Walton: Lakers Will Lock Arms During Anthem Throughout Season

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Get used to seeing the Los Angeles Lakerslocking arms during the national anthem.

The players and coaches stood and linked arms in a display of solidarity ahead of Saturday's preseason opener against the Minnesota Timberwolves, and plan to continue the gesture throughout the upcoming campaign.

"We are in this together," head coach Luke Walton said pregame, as quoted by ESPN's Ohm Youngmisuk. "I think they chose to show that we are united in this and that obviously, they have a ton of respect ... well I will let them speak for themselves but I have a ton of respect for the country, the flag, the military.

"But by locking arms, I feel like we are showing that there are issues in this country and it is a chance for us to raise awareness and still make it a talking point. If you do nothing, then it kind of goes away and if it goes away, then nothing changes."

The Timberwolves also locked limbs during the anthem. In Saturday's other preseason contest, the Denver Nuggets linked armsbefore their matchup with the Golden State Warriors.

The league sent a memo Friday reminding teams that players and coaches must stand during the anthem, or else face the prospect of discipline.

Walton: Lakers will lock arms during anthem throughout season

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Whitewashing is BACK!!!!
tenor.gif

The Fire

way more chemical than political
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
brooklyn
black people are under the thumb of the white dollar :manny:

We cant expect these dudes to jeopordize their income.

The money chain has replaced the iron chain.

Its dissapointing but it is what it is
they’re hardly jeopardizing anything though. someone like lebron or curry kneels there can’t be any repercussions, they’re bigger than the league

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Guarantee you, teams will be in locker rooms.
We heard the same shyt last year :beli:

Oladipo: 'No question' NBA players will protest

And at this point, even if something does happen, it doesn't even matter. The protests are no longer about bringing awareness to police brutality. Now we have kneeling before the anthem or standing with arms linked to support "unity" . People that kneel during the anthem are doing it to :pacspit: Trump.

The message has been completely changed.