Lupe Fiasco on Twitter airing out Lyor Cohen and Atlantic!! “My OG Big U called me during that time”

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Look at what Atlantic has done for Cardi

Lets be real, Lupe had two good albums and just started feeling himself too much.
Best believe they raping her pockets off shyt she built.

She got her fans off LHH & IG. Atlantic just reaping the benefits.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
I was with him...until he mentioned Big U. So you, as the smart ass knowledgeable man that you are and were then, decided what musical route you would take because a former feared OG gangbanger called you? What? This is the only problem I have with Lupe, he is probably the most skilled lyricist ever (to me) and he is genuinely intelligent, not just well read, but he always throws in some stupid/ignorant/street shyt in the mix, even when it's not necessary.

You are way smarter and know far more about the music biz than Big U, shut up, it sounds like he forced you to stay, on some muscle shyt

Whatever tho, Lupe is the guy who will talk about the way of the monk in one ig post then the next one he is showing off his guns
What are you so angry about exactly?

Just because you know U's rep you immediately associated his conversation and association as "ignorant street sh*" when Lupe clearly stated he called him as one Muslim to another.

I'm not sure why that upsets you that he got encouragement from one black man to another to maintain his word, don't sign a flawed deal and do his own thing.

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Atlantic really does seem like a mobster type of organization. I pretty much assume anyone signed to them is getting extorted big time

It's mind boggling Joyner Lucas signed with them after seeing what they did with Lupe and Saigon

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What are you so angry about exactly?

Just because you know U's rep you immediately associated his conversation and association as "ignorant street sh*" when Lupe clearly stated he called him as one Muslim to another.

I'm not sure why that upsets you that he got encouragement from one black man to another to maintain his word, don't sign a flawed deal and do his own thing.
I'm not angry at alll brudda? I'm just saying Lupe doesnt need Big u's advice on anything music related. If Lupe was trying to be a gangbanger then okay

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
so he didn't sign the 360.. but that's why his promo went to shyt after that..

ReadOneBookAWeek

Smoking on a Cac Pack
Daps
From the guy “forced” to drop Lasers?

Love me some Lupe but dude cries too much tbh
Lasers actually had some good tracks, thanks for reminding me, about to replay now.

The Show Goes On
Letting Go
Words I never Said
Break the Chain

We're all on repeat for me when it came out :yeshrug:

REdefinition

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What interest does Big U have in Lupes personal business decisions? I wonder what spurred that "out of the blue" phone call pursuading Lu to fulfill that contract :jbhmm:

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
I'm not angry at alll brudda? I'm just saying Lupe doesnt need Big u's advice on anything music related. If Lupe was trying to be a gangbanger then okay
Big U actually has multiple music business ventures and has for years.

SlimOG

Pro
Daps
I remember the mixtape buzz that Saigon had and Atlantic shelved him for damn near 10 years :dead:

By the time ‘Greatest Story Never Told’ dropped, it sounded dated as fukk.
True I remember that whole Saigon era I was so pissed when it finally dropped anything that it could have been was dead and I'm sure if it would have dropped on time would have made waves sad tho when u don't paly the game the label fukked your life up.