Lupe Fiasco's "Dots & Lines" video breakdown

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
These breakdowns are partly why i hate Lupe fans.... 75% of this shyt is able to be understood if you paid attention in high school.... it's not THAT deep.

shyt's like those "illuminati" videos that were all over youtube in 2009 when Blueprint 3 came out.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Hopefully they drop more of these. Im really feelin these breakdowns.
It actually made me like the song less. The first few times I heard, I was like "there is some underlying connection in these two verses that I am missing." Instead, now i know it's just more a less a lyrical exercise masked as a coherent theme with the exception of the last verse.

Abstract83

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
It actually made me like the song less. The first few times I heard, I was like "there is some underlying connection in these two verses that I am missing." Instead, now i know it's just more a less a lyrical exercise masked as a coherent theme with the exception of the last verse.
Yea I did think it was something deeper but seeing it just shows that it was what the title is and that's it lol.

KingsOfKings

π”»π•£π•–π•’π•ž π•„π•–π•£π•”π•™π•’π•Ÿπ•₯
Daps
fukking fakkit I just went to make this thread and saw in the search function that you made it :pacspit:

you and the ones that dap your post can all get in a huddle and circle jerk one another. Ol eating bon bon on aSunday afternoon and watching lifetime channel watching ass. FOH :camby:

intilectual recipricol

Killin fake hip hop
Daps
Reppin
The Brook
If you feel TimeNuRoman was able to explain the verse with this video you have a point. However Times doesnt really do that, he usually provides a picture that depicts what may not be common knowledge to the listener. You still have to make the connections if they are to be made. Far as I know the only one he explained was Lupe the Killer

Jack Don the G

What am I? A farmer?
Daps
Most of the things he made clear in this video I already knew. Still cool.

I dont think this kind of video fit songs like Dots and lines tho. These videos work best with its for pure sitting tracks with metaphors that dont connect through out the song. But most songs on TY are not like that and have metaphors that connect both within the song and also the through the whole album. So its super hard making a video trying to explain a line with pictures when that line also says something more. Some pictures you just have to flash since Lupe already have a new metaphor lining up in the next bar.