Lupe says he is more culturally Japenese than African

Chip Skylark

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Lupes life reminds me of the movie Dope

dude grew up learning Kung fu, a Muslim, by a pro black militant father, grew up loving anime, sold drugs in chicago switched his style up and became a conscious rapper

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
really because I think people who idolize and emulate street dudes are nerds too and there are a lot more of those.

having a keen interest in anything makes you a nerd at it.

Yeah so we're kind of agreeing on the same thing. Being nerdy on something doesn't denote a type of personality or disposition
I know plenty of street dudes that partake in "nerdy" activity

Johnny Kilroy

79 points in 1 quarter
Daps
Reppin
the midrange
Lu grew up with a militant family learning how to strip and clean guns then put them back together plus self defence

are those nerd interests?

he just has stupid shyt to say from time to time like most humans.

I don't see that much African culture in a lot of black people though. :lupe:

Me and my siblings all have Swahili names (last name too) and I grew up in a household where my dad wore dashikis and we played that game with the beads (different people have different names for it) and valued Malcolm over Martin but outside my house I was a minority. We got clowned for ALL that shyt. :russ:

IDK Lupe seems like he grew up like me a lil though. I'm sure he had a djembe drum and a mbira in his house. :francis: That's why the statement does sound dumb coming from him even though he's into anime and shyt too. :yeshrug:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

Me and my siblings all have Swahili names (last name too) and I grew up in a household where my dad wore dashikis and we played that game with the beads (different people have different names for it) and valued Malcolm over Martin but outside my house I was a minority. We got clowned for ALL that shyt. :russ:

IDK Lupe seems like he grew up like me a lil though. I'm sure he had a djembe drum and a mbira in his house. :francis: That's why the statement does sound dumb coming from him even though he's into anime and shyt too. :yeshrug:

brehs be saying this till they go out there and realize shyt like posting up and kicking it is African culture too. There's shyt you been doing your whole life you don't know is even something we all do from way back because it so natural and effortless.

T'krm

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
BA DOS Af pr
:yeshrug:
On it's face seems weird, but whatever culture you adopt and share, is where you will always view yourself.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

This is EXACTLY how I grew up except I was never clowned

TheBigBopper

Banned
Daps
This nikka prly doesn’t even speak Japanese :camby:even if he did, Japan is one of the most insular countries on earth. They ain’t letting no one, cac, nikka or even asian migrate into their culture. His statement ironically communicates how un japanese he is because it tells us he doesn’t have a basic understanding of how their culture works.